Our impact in 2022-23
We are incredibly proud of the positive difference Sue Ryder has made over the past year, providing vital care and support to people going through the most difficult times of their lives.
Our specialist teams have been there when it matters, from caring for those with a terminal illness to helping others manage their grief.
On this page we’ve gathered some key numbers which help demonstrate the impact we’re having in the areas of end-of-life care and bereavement support. As well as some real stories from the people we've helped.
- We cared for over 8,700 people in our hospices and in their homes.
- We have around 670 Sue Ryder Nurses providing palliative and end-of-life care.
There was just always somebody there. They treat you as though they have all the time in the world.
Dawn speaking about the care of her sister Christine at our hospice in Bedfordshire
End-of-life care: Ricky and Gem’s story
- We published A better route through grief as in-depth research report based on more than 8,500 people’s experiences.
- We had almost 160,000 visitors to our Online Bereavement Community.
- Articles on Sue Ryder’s Grief Guide were viewed nearly 48,000 times.
- We opened more than 10 Grief Kind Spaces, in-person support groups for people who are grieving.
- We have given 4,700 hours of online bereavement counselling sessions this year.
Thank you to the person who helped me with my bereavement counselling. She was an angel when I needed her. She helped me more than she will ever know.
A person who used our Online Bereavement Counselling Service