Zip the Cow 2023 Terms & Conditions and Disclaimer
Registration - Every participant must fill in their own registration form online unless:
- The person completing the form is doing so as the parent or guardian of a participant aged under 18 in which case the parent or guardian must inform the participant that they have signed the terms and conditions on their behalf and that their participation in the event will be governed by these terms.
- The person completing the form has or reasonably believes that they have the participant’s consent to their doing so on the participant’s behalf. The person completing the form must make the participant aware of these terms and conditions in good time before the event. In the event that the participant does not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions they should withdraw from the event. Participation in the event shall be deemed to be acceptance of these terms and conditions by the participant.
Costs: All participants must pay an entry fee of £27.50 to take part. In addition by signing up to the event all participants must pledge to fundraise a minimum of £50 for Sue Ryder Manorlands Hospice. Sue Ryder will assist participants by sending out a pack with links to the event’s online giving page and paper sponsor forms etc.
Refunds - The entry fee for Zip the Cow is non-transferable.
Where you withdraw from the event more than 28 days before it is due to take place, you will have the option of transferring to next year’s event. If you do not wish to transfer, your registration fee will be refunded, less reasonable admin costs.
Where you withdraw from the event within the 28 days before the event date the entry fee is non-refundable. In such circumstances we may at our discretion allow you to transfer to next year’s event where there is a good reason for your withdrawal.
Postponements - Due to unexpected health and safety reasons on the day, the Zip the Cow event may have to be reduced, altered or postponed to accommodate unexpected complications (for example, very high winds or lightening). Where Sue Ryder has to postpone the event you will be entitled to transfer your place to the rescheduled event. Sue Ryder accepts no further liability in respect of any such postponement.
The Event Start - On entry, participants are asked to book in for one of 6 daily time slots, time slots are available on a first come first served basis. It is the participant’s responsibility to arrive at the site to park, register and prepare for the event in time to hit their time slot. Missing your slot could result in missing your place in the event. The organisers retain the right to make a change to the advertised start time.
Contact Details - Participants are personally responsible for updating the organisers with any new address and telephone details. All participants must provide emergency contact details. In the case of an emergency, Sue Ryder may use the Emergency Contact details provided by you to contact your home or office.
Health and Fitness - The event has been designed as a low risk event for the averagely-fit person. All participants should satisfy themselves that they are in good health and physically and mentally able to participate in the Zip the Cow. If in doubt, participants should consult a GP or hospital doctor prior to the event.
Liability - Zip the Cow is operated by Zip Slides UK on behalf of Sue Ryder, and all participants take part at their own risk. Sue Ryder accepts no responsibility for any death or personal injury suffered by any participant personally as a result of taking part in Zip the Cow in the absence of negligence or breach of statutory duty on the part of Sue Ryder. Sue Ryder accepts no liability whatsoever for any damage to any participant’s property. Personal accident and public liability insurance cover is advised to cover any loss, damage or injury you may sustain yourself or to your personal property or cause to a third party or their property. Your name on the entry form confirms your acceptance of these conditions of entry.
On the day, Zip slides UK will ask you to sign up to their terms and conditions which we will circulate to participants in due course before the event.
Risks - Zip slides UK has a comprehensive risk assessment process for the event which aims to minimise or eliminate the risk to everyone taking part. In addition, for the non Zip slide related elements of this event Sue Ryder has a comprehensive risk assessment process for the event which aims to minimise or eliminate the risk to everyone taking part or spectating. However, by taking part in this event and inviting spectators to attend, you acknowledge that there may be conditions or circumstances beyond our control that can lead to unforeseen risks.
Eligibility to take part - This event does not have age or height limits. Zip Slides UK does however enforce weight parameters for all participants who must be over 5 stones (32Kg) and under 17.5 stone (111KG). It is each under 18yr old's parents/guardians responsibility to ensure they or their children are between these weight parameters and suitability fit and healthy to take part in the event..
Clothing and Footwear - Participants are reminded that this is an outdoor activity and that it is participants own responsibility to wear footwear and clothing appropriate to walking up the paths on Ilkley moor to the launch tower. Participants should therefore take note of the predicted weather on the day as parts of the walk may be slippery and exposed to the elements.
Sponsorship - Zip the Cow is an exclusive Sue Ryder fundraising event. Sponsorship monies raised may not be given to or shared with any other organisation. Participants are advised that they have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies and donations received for Zip the Cow are paid to Sue Ryder within a reasonable time.
Smoking, Alcohol and BBQ - Sue Ryder asks that participants and supporters do not smoke at the event site during the event, this is as especially the case in light of the moor fires that damaged this area in 2019. In addition BBQs are not permitted in this area by law. Whilst the bar in the Cow and Calf pub will be open for most of the event day, for health and safety reasons, participants should not consume excessive amounts of alcohol prior to the event, anyone who Sue Ryder deems to not be in a suitable condition to take part will not be allowed to climb the launch tower. Furthermore alcohol may not be consumed between the foot of the tower until the end of the zip slide.
Publicity and photographs
- By participating, participants agree to take part in pre and post-race publicity which may include interviews, photography and/or filming for Sue Ryder internal communications, local and/or national media and online media. We will also take photographs and/or videos during the event. We may also share images taken by our photographer after the event in case participants want to download them as momentos.
- By signing up to this event participants agree to Sue Ryder and our co-organisers using the images/video referred to above for future promotional materials, unless they notify us of any specific objections. The promotional materials may include leaflets and posters, web pages, emails/mailings and social media postings. Please inform us if you would prefer for us not to share images of yourself or members of your family. In the event that you raise any objections to the use of any image in which you are featured after the event Sue Ryder will remove that image from its website and refrain from any future use of it, but cannot undertake to remove from circulation any printed materials already in use.
- Sue Ryder and our co-organisers will endeavour not to use any photographs, images or likenesses of children aged 16 or under which identify them without express consent from a parent/guardian.
- Where we wish to provide identifying information along with a photo (for example in a press release if you win the event) we will ask the person involved or their parent or guardian for permission to publish the photo with identifying information. If this permission is not provided either in writing or verbally we will not publish the photo.
- Supporters are welcome to take pictures on the day but please ensure that, where the pictures capture images of children, only one's own family members are included.
Animals - Please note that animals are not permitted to participate in this event. Spectators are permitted to bring dogs but these must be kept on a short lead at all times and be cleaned up after.
Disclaimer - I hereby apply to participate in this event. I understand and agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the event (above) and the rules of the organisers agree to act with consideration for others whilst participating. I agree that I will follow the instructions given by the event organisers and stewards.