Sue Ryder is looking for 11 furry-faced ambassadors for each of its hospices, neurological care centres and palliative care hubs across the UK.
Qualifications and training are not essential for this role, as assessments will be provided by Sue Ryder and Pets As Therapy once the successful Ambassadogs have been selected.
The successful candidates will be responsible for bringing joy to Sue Ryder’s patients at some of the most difficult times of their lives – furry face, four legs and soft spot for cuddles is essential.
Ambassadog job requirements:
- Welcomes and enjoys cuddles and attention
- Happy to walk on a relaxed lead without pulling
- Takes food treats gently without snatching
- Maintains calm despite sudden noises or disturbances
- Happy to pose for photographs
- Must not be fed on a raw meat based diet or unpasteurised dairy
- Vaccinated against Distemper, Hepatitis Parvovirus & Leptospirosis
- Cannot have a police order listed against them
- Must be at least nine months old and have been owned for at least six months by their existing owner
We welcome candidates of all shapes and sizes and qualifications are not essential as all assessments will be provided.
Please read the detailed description of the requirements for a Pets As Therapy dog below, and tick to confirm that you and your dog meet all requirements on the application form.
Ambassadog parents requirements:
- Must be aged over 18 years old
- Happy to be DBS checked and complete Sue Ryder volunteer training program online
- Committed to attend assessments with Pets As Therapy and complete Sue Ryder volunteer training and DBS checks
- Available to bring the Ambassadog to a Sue Ryder hospice, neurological care centre or palliative care hub for at least two hours each month and stay throughout the session with their dog
- Consent for contact details to be shared with Pets As Therapy to enable them to contact them about assessments
Entries will close on Friday 28 May at midnight and all entrants will be contacted after this date. You can read the full terms and conditions of the competition here.