Come along to our regular sales of donated goods and see what gems you can find!
When are these sales?
Our sales are held at South Oxfordshire Palliative Care Hub, Nettlebed, Henley on Thames, Oxon, RG9 5DF. Doors are open from 10.00am to 12.00pm on the following dates.
- 18th May
- 8th June
- 29th June
- 20th July
- 10th August
- 31st August
- 21st September
- 12th October
- 2nd November
- 23rd November
- 14th December
Should any unforeseen circumstances necessitate an amendment, a revised programme will be issued.
Where can I park?
Nettlebed Hospice is aware of the disruption that parking for the sales sometimes causes to our neighbours in Nettlebed village and seeks to minimise this by asking customers to please park sensibly and be considerate at all times. Drivers are requested not to park on grass verges, on the corners of road junctions or across the driveways of houses. Thank you.
What kind of bargains can I bag?
Our grounds, garage and outbuildings welcome visitors looking to bag a bargain.
We have a range of departments as follows:
- Ladies' clothing (with 'new' and 'nearly new' sections).
- Men’s clothing (with 'new' and 'nearly new' sections).
- Children’s clothing.
- Ladies' hats, bags and belts, purses, make-up bags and more.
- Ladies' jewellery.
- Ladies' toiletries with lotions, soaps, perfumes etc.
- Upholstery with cushions, rugs, quilts, pillows etc.
- Linens such as quilt covers, pillow cases, table cloths, napkins etc.
- Haberdashery with fabrics and sewing and craft materials.
- Curtains and blinds.
- China and glass – items for kitchen use such as sugar bowls, cups, teapots, dinner sets, glassware etc.
- Kitchen items – saucepans, cookery utensils, cutlery, chopping boards, storage containers etc.
- Pictures – photos, photo frames, posters, files and stationery.
- Furniture, which includes tables, chairs, wardrobes, dressing tables, mirrors, cot beds (but not mattresses), highchairs etc.
- A huge range of books including children’s.
- Children’s toys and games.
- Electrical items, both large and small – such as radios, toasters, kettles, flat screen TVs and large slimline monitors, lamps, bread makers, microwaves, slow cookers, bulbs, extensions leads, lawnmowers, leaf blowers plus many more. (Please note: we PAT test all donated items for sale.)
- Bric-a-brac – a range of unusual and historical items and clothing.
- Footwear for adults and children.
- Music – CDs, DVDs and vinyl records etc.
We receive fantastic-quality second-hand items as well as brand new items.
There is something to suit every taste, from fantastic gift ideas through to gorgeous items to decorate your home.
Donated items are used in our sales and this is a great help to raise vital funds for our palliative care in South Oxfordshire.
Can I donate goods, too?
Of course! We accept items in good, resaleable condition. However, please note there are items we cannot accept which are listed further down.
You are welcome to drop in with your donated goods seven days a week between 9.30am and 3.30pm.
Items for our furniture department can only be donated on a Tuesday and Friday between 9.30am and 11.30am.
We regret that we're unable to accept goods on the day of a sale or the day before, so do drop your donations in a few days early.
Please note that occasionally the donation station is full to capacity – it's always best to call ahead. Contact 01491 641 384 ext. 273.
Are there any items you do not accept?
Yes. Please note: we cannot take items with parts missing or that are damaged or broken, and dumping of non-saleable leftovers from car boot sales is also not permitted.
Sadly we are also unable to accept the items listed below:
- Divan bases
- Three-piece suites
- White goods
- Old-style TVs
- Children or baby car seats
- Buggies, prams and potties
- Old suitcases
- Commercial waste e.g. internal doors, rubble, flooring, paint etc.
- Glass coffee tables
- Glass TV stands or glass corner units
We thank you for your understanding.
Do you need any volunteers?
Volunteers are always needed on weekday mornings to help within various departments of the Sue Ryder sales area to help sort and allocate donated goods.
If you can give just a few hours on a weekday morning, we would love to hear from you. If you would like to become a volunteer, please get in touch with our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, contact 01491 641 384 ext. 273 or email our Fundraising team.