Come along to our regular sales of donated goods and see what gems you can find!
Nettlebed sales update
Our plans to move out of the Nettlebed building have been well documented and we are currently planning to exit the Nettlebed building completely from April 2020.
This means that our last Nettlebed sale will be on the 28th March 2020.
We will no longer be accepting donations from Thursday 20th February. We kindly ask that no items are left at the donation station after this date.
Extensive searches for a new local site to house the sales, parking, donation stations and sorting areas have been unsuccessful and so disappointingly the sales are not something we will be able to carry forward and replicate once we have left the Joyce Grove site.
For those of you that would like to continue to support the South Oxfordshire Palliative Care Hub, we would be delighted to accept donations at our local Sue Ryder stores or if it is furniture, our free furniture collection service can come to you and collect.
The closest stores to Sue Ryder South Oxfordshire Palliative Care Hub are:
- 4 St Martins Street, Wallingford, OX10 0AQ (01491 825714)
- 24a Duke Street, Henley on Thames, RG9 1UP (01491 572 558)
- 6-8 Oxford Road, Reading, RG1 7LA (01189 568 277)
- 12 Milestone Way, Emmer Green, Caversham, Reading, RG4 8XU (01189 482834)
Please check our website for the full list of our stores and the items we do not accept.
Free furniture collections can be requested on 03330 031 883 or via our website www.sueryder.org/furniture
The funds raised from the Nettlebed Sales and all of the incredible volunteers who have made them possible have been a most wonderful support to the charity over the years and we would like to take this opportunity to express our immense gratitude for the hard work and dedication the volunteers have given to us.
We would also like to say a special thank you to our supporters who have donated and attended the sales every three weeks. Your donations and support have and will continue to be greatly appreciated by us all.
When are these sales?
Our sales are held at South Oxfordshire Palliative Care Hub, Nettlebed, Henley on Thames, Oxon, RG9 5DF. Doors are open from 10.00am to 12.00pm on the following dates.
- 22nd February (15th February sale postponed due to weather)
- 7th March
- 28th March
If a sale is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances we will inform everyone across our social media at least one day before the sale. Please do not call the hospice on sale day regarding the sale as all calls go to our community nurses.
Where can I park?
Sue Ryder South Oxfordshire Palliative Care Hub is aware of the disruption that parking for the sales sometimes causes to our neighbours in Nettlebed village and seeks to minimise this by asking customers to please park sensibly and be considerate at all times. Drivers are requested not to park on grass verges, on the corners of road junctions or across the driveways of houses. Thank you.
What kind of bargains can I bag?
Our grounds, garage and outbuildings welcome visitors looking to bag a bargain.
We have a range of departments as follows:
- Ladies' clothing (with 'new' and 'nearly new' sections).
- Men’s clothing (with 'new' and 'nearly new' sections).
- Children’s clothing.
- Ladies' hats, bags and belts, purses, make-up bags and more.
- Ladies' jewellery.
- Ladies' toiletries with lotions, soaps, perfumes etc.
- Upholstery with cushions, rugs, quilts, pillows etc.
- Linens such as quilt covers, pillow cases, table cloths, napkins etc.
- Haberdashery with fabrics and sewing and craft materials.
- Curtains and blinds.
- China and glass – items for kitchen use such as sugar bowls, cups, teapots, dinner sets, glassware etc.
- Kitchen items – saucepans, cookery utensils, cutlery, chopping boards, storage containers etc.
- Pictures – photos, photo frames, posters, files and stationery.
- Furniture, which includes tables, chairs, wardrobes, dressing tables, mirrors, cot beds (but not mattresses), highchairs etc.
- A huge range of books including children’s.
- Children’s toys and games.
- Electrical items, both large and small – such as radios, toasters, kettles, flat screen TVs and large slimline monitors, lamps, bread makers, microwaves, slow cookers, bulbs, extensions leads, lawnmowers, leaf blowers plus many more. (Please note: we PAT test all donated items for sale.)
- Bric-a-brac – a range of unusual and historical items and clothing.
- Footwear for adults and children.
- Music – CDs, DVDs and vinyl records etc.
We receive fantastic-quality second-hand items as well as brand new items.
There is something to suit every taste, from fantastic gift ideas through to gorgeous items to decorate your home.
Donated items are used in our sales and this is a great help to raise vital funds for our palliative care in South Oxfordshire.
Can I donate goods, too?
Of course! We accept items in good, resaleable condition. However, please note there are items we cannot accept which are listed further down.
You are welcome to drop in with your donated goods Tuesday - Sunday between 9.00am and 3.30pm.
Items for our furniture department can only be donated on a Tuesday and Friday between 9.30am and 11.30am.
We regret that we're unable to accept goods on the day of a sale or the day before, so do drop your donations in a few days early.
Please note that occasionally the donation station is full to capacity – it's always best to call ahead. Contact 01491 641 384 ext. 273.
Sue Ryder South Oxfordshire Palliative Care Hub is a drop-off ONLY donation centre and, therefore, we do not arrange pick ups or collections directly here. However, you can arrange any donation collections through Sue Ryder's main collection service on 0333 003 1883.
Are there any items you do not accept?
Yes. Please note: we cannot take items with parts missing or that are damaged or broken, and dumping of non-saleable leftovers from car boot sales is also not permitted.
Sadly we are also unable to accept the items listed below:
- Divan bases
- Three-piece suites
- White goods
- Old-style TVs
- Children or baby car seats
- Buggies, prams and potties
- Old suitcases
- Commercial waste e.g. internal doors, rubble, flooring, paint etc.
- Glass coffee tables
- Glass TV stands or glass corner units
We thank you for your understanding.
Do you need any volunteers?
Volunteers are always needed on weekday mornings to help within various departments of the Sue Ryder sales area to help sort and allocate donated goods.
If you can give just a few hours on a weekday morning, we would love to hear from you. If you would like to become a volunteer, please get in touch with our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any further questions?
For further information, contact 01491 641 384 ext. 273 or email our Fundraising team.