How the Online Bereavement Counselling Service works (Terms of Service)
Here, we set out the terms on which we provide the counselling service to you, what you can expect from us, and what you are agreeing to when you come to us for counselling.
We are able to offer you support once you are over the age of 18, and if:
- You are bereaved, meaning you have suffered a loss after someone has died.
- You have been bereaved for two months or more.
- You are not currently receiving, or have recently received, counselling with another service or therapist.
- You are a resident of, and in the UK, at the time of having counselling.
We are unable to offer you support, if:
- You have long-term, severe or enduring mental health conditions, are in a state of crisis, or are at danger from self-harm - as time-limited online therapy would not be suitable for your needs.
- You have suffered a bereavement that has taken place in the two months before attending the service.
- You are dealing with a death that is anticipated, but has not yet happened (known as pre- or anticipatory bereavement).
- You are not able to attend counselling via video link.
- You are seeking counselling related to pet loss/bereavement.
- You need counselling for any issue other than a bereavement.