The annual Christmas Tree Collection is a vital source of income for Sue Ryder, this year more than ever due to so many events and other activities being cancelled due to Covid 19.
In order for the activity to be able to go ahead we have carried out a detailed Risk Assessment and will be taking the following measures to ensure our volunteers and supporters are protected whilst supporting us in this way.
- Customers are asked to leave their tree outside the house, and volunteers collecting will not be entering houses
- Customers and volunteers must stay at least 2 metres away from each other during the collection
- Volunteers not from the same bubble will use separate vehicles, with a car following a van
- Vehicles will be cleaned and ventilated before and after use
- Hand sanitiser and wipes for the vehicle will be provided for use throughout a collection shift
- All volunteers will use their own gardening gloves, high vis jacket, face covering and pen to complete documents
- A QR code will be available for scanning should any customers wish to make a further donation - our volunteers will not accept any cash donations
- Volunteers will be reminded that should they display Covid symptoms or need to self-isolate, they must not attend their shift.
For further information contact, Sue Ryder Manorlands Hospice Community Fundraising Manager, Andrew Wood: email@example.com.