We provide expert medical, practical and emotional support every year in our hospices and neurological care centres, in people’s homes and in the community.
- In 2018/19, we provided 2.2 million hours of care to thousands of people.
- We have over 9,000 volunteers at our shops, hospices and neurological care centres.
- 80p in every £1 spent goes towards our expert patient care.
- Around 1,000 doctors and nurses help us to provide our palliative, neurological and bereavement support across the country.
- Around a third of our fundraised income comes from gifts in wills. This income pays for the equivalent of around 27 hospice beds every year.
- Our Online Bereavement Community, which provides information and peer support for those who have lost a loved one, supported over 135,000 people in 2018-19.