Our Sue Ryder South Oxfordshire Palliative Care Hub's fireworks night is back, proudly supported by Invesco.
See our spectacular musical firework display, and enjoy food and drink stalls, child and adult tombola, as well as our hotly anticipated children’s Halloween fancy dress competition.
New for this year we have a children's fair ground boasting traditional games including a coconut shy and Splat the Rat!
Come along and help support the palliative and bereavement care we provide for patients and their families across South Oxfordshire.
What to expect on the night
- 4.30pm: Limited parking available
- 5.00pm: Gates open
- 6.30pm: Children’s Halloween parade and judging
- 7.30pm: Fireworks start
Advance online ticket sales close on Wednesday 23rd October. (All tickets purchased online will be sent via email.)
Entry will be available on the night at the gate but will not be at the discounted rate.
A note about parking
Please note: purchasing a ticket online does not guarantee you parking, so please arrive in plenty of time for the start of the fireworks.
Sign up for the South Oxfordshire Spooktacular Fireworks Night 2019
Frequently asked questions about this event
What are my parking options?
Parking is available on-site but is limited. Please note: purchasing a ticket online does not guarantee you parking, so please arrive in plenty of time for the start of the fireworks.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Tickets purchased online must be show at the gate for each person – either printed or on the screen of your smartphone.
Will there be tickets available on the day?
Tickets can be purchased on the day at the entrance gate, but will not receive the online discounted rate.
What are the full terms and conditions of this event, and is there a refund policy?
We do not offer refunds other than if the event is cancelled.
The entry fee for the South Oxfordshire Fireworks is non-transferable and non-refundable.
Due to unexpected health and safety reasons on the day, the Fireworks may have to be reduced or altered to accommodate unexpected complications (for example severe weather).
Full terms and conditions
Every participant must fill in their own registration form unless:
- The person completing the form is doing so as the parent or guardian of a participant aged under 18 in which case the parent or guardian must inform the participant that they have signed the terms and conditions on their behalf and that their participation in the event will be governed by these terms.
- The person completing the form is doing so as the leader of a corporate team. It is the duty of the corporate team leader to notify the other team members of these terms and conditions and that the leader has signed them on behalf of their own team. The team leader must further ensure that all team members agree and accept that their participation in the event is governed by these terms and conditions. Any team member who does not so accept these terms should be withdrawn from the event.
- The person completing the form has or reasonably believes that they have the participant’s consent to their doing so on the participant’s behalf. The person completing the form must make the participant aware of these terms and conditions in good time before the event. In the event that the participant does not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions they should withdraw from the event. Participation in the event shall be deemed to be acceptance of these terms and conditions by the participant.
The entry fee for the South Oxfordshire Fireworks Night is non-transferable and non-refundable. Due to unexpected health and safety reasons on the day, the event may have to be reduced or altered to accommodate unexpected complications (for example severe weather).
By participating in this event, participants agree to take part in post-event publicity which may include interviews, photography and/or filming for Sue Ryder internal communications, local and/or national media. Sue Ryder will endeavour not to use any photographs, images or likenesses of children aged 16 or under without the parent or guardian’s consent.
This event is operated by Sue Ryder. Sue Ryder accepts no responsibility for any death or personal injury suffered by any participant personally in the absence of negligence or breach of statutory duty on the part of Sue Ryder. Sue Ryder accepts no liability for any loss or damage to any participant’s property. Personal accident and public liability insurance cover is advised to cover any loss, damage or injury you may sustain yourself or to your personal property or cause to a third party or their property. Your signature on the entry form or your clicking on the box in the on line entry conforms your acceptance of these conditions of entry. If during the event you are involved in an incident with a third party please ensure that you pass on all your details - it is not the responsibility of the event organisers.
Sue Ryder has a comprehensive risk assessment process for each event which aims to minimise or eliminate the risk to everyone taking part. However, by taking part in this event, you acknowledge that there may be conditions or circumstances beyond our control that can lead to unforeseen risks.
Anyone under 18 years old must have their entry form signed by a parent/guardian and must abide by the rules. It is each under-18's parents/guardian's responsibility to ensure they or their children are suitability fit and healthy to take part in the event. All under 18’s must be accompanied by their parent/carer at all times.
There are no age restrictions on this event but it is the parents/guardians responsibility to ensure their child is supervised throughout.
Clothing and Footwear
Participants are reminded that this is an outdoor event in the countryside and it is participants own responsibility to wear footwear and clothing appropriate to the weather on the day.
The Fireworks Night is an exclusive Sue Ryder fundraising event. Money raised may not be given to or shared with any other organisation. Participants are advised that they have a legal responsibility to ensure that all donations received are paid to Sue Ryder within a reasonable time.
Participants and supporters are welcome to take pictures on the day but please ensure that where the pictures captures images of children that only one's family members are included. Unfortunately, there are people out there who will use photos and videos for negative purposes; bullying, grooming, locating, and trolling can all start with a misjudged photo. If an individual, a parent or a carer asks for any photo showing their child to be removed or deleted, it should be done without question at the earliest opportunity.
Please be aware that by registering, you authorise Sue Ryder to process your personal and sensitive data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 for the purposes of this event. By ticking the terms and conditions box on our registration form you agree to Sue Ryder using your personal and sensitive data for the purposes outlined above.
- I hereby apply to participate in this event and accept and agree the above conditions.
- I understand and agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the event and the rules of the organisers.
- I agree to take part with consideration for others.
- I agree that the conditions of my entry state that I will follow the instructions given.