The Royal Berkshire 10K is a single-lap 10K run along closed roads around Pingwood Lakes in Green Park, Reading.
Whether you’re a seasoned runner or it’s your first time, this event really is suitable for runners of all abilities.
What happens on the day
Registration is from 10.00am and the walk itself starts at 11.00am.
The lovely lakeside event village will be full of music, flags and entertainment, making it a great day out and an ideal family event.
Why your sponsorship is so important
By joining #TeamIncredible, you’ll be supporting your local Sue Ryder Duchess of Kent Hospice to provide expert palliative and bereavement support to people across West Berkshire, as well as their loved ones.
We would love to encourage you to raise an additional £65 of sponsorship per person - this covers the cost of one session of bereavement counselling for a local family struggling to cope with the loss of a loved one..
All our expert care and hospice facilities are absolutely free of charge so any funds you raise will ensure that these crucial local services are maintained.
Sign up for the Berkshire 10K 2019
Frequently asked questions about the Berkshire 10K
How do I register for the event?
Once you’ve paid your registration fee to Sue Ryder by hitting the 'Register' button on our Eventbrite page, we’ll contact you with a unique code to enter on the Royal Berkshire 10K website, which will confirm your entry in the event.
Will I get a Sue Ryder running vest?
Yes, we'll send you a bright blue vest that you can wear during your training and on race day.Please visit www.royalberks10k.com for more information
Where can I find out more details about the event and the organisers?
Please visit www.royalberks10k.com for more information.
What's the refund policy, and event terms and conditions?
Every participant must fill in their own registration form unless:
- The person completing the form is doing so as the parent or guardian of a participant aged under 18 in which case the parent or guardian must inform the participant that they have signed the terms and conditions on their behalf and that their participation in the event will be governed by these terms.
- The person completing the form is doing so as the leader of a corporate team. It is the duty of the corporate team leader to notify the other team members of these terms and conditions and that the leader has signed them on behalf of their own team. The team leader must further ensure that all team members agree and accept that their participation in the event is governed by these terms and conditions. Any team member who does not so accept these terms should be withdrawn from the event.
- The person completing the form has or reasonably believes that they have the participant’s consent to their doing so on the participant’s behalf. The person completing the form must make the participant aware of these terms and conditions in good time before the event. In the event that the participant does not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions they should withdraw from the event. Participation in the event shall be deemed to be acceptance of these terms and conditions by the participant.
The entry fee for the Berkshire 10K is non-transferable and non-refundable. Due to unexpected health and safety reasons on the day, the Berkshire 10K may have to be reduced or altered to accommodate unexpected complications (for example severe weather).
The Event Start
The organisers retain the right to make a change to the advertised start times and to stagger the start with intervals between groups. It is not a timed event.
By participating in this event, participants agree to take part in post-event publicity which may include interviews, photography and/or filming for Sue Ryder internal communications, local and/or national media. Sue Ryder will endeavour not to use any photographs, images or likenesses of children aged 16 or under without the parent or guardian’s consent.
Participants are personally responsible for updating the organisers with any new address and telephone details. All participants must provide emergency contact details. In the case of an emergency, Sue Ryder may use the Emergency Contact details provided by you to contact your home or office.
Health and Fitness
The event has been designed as a low risk event for the averagely-fit person. All participants should satisfy themselves that they are in good health and physically able to participate in the Berkshire 10K. If in doubt, participants should consult a GP or hospital doctor prior to the event. In the entry process we ask if the participant has any health issues that we should know about. By providing this information you are consenting to us passing it to the first aiders where we deem it reasonably necessary to do. This information will only be used to assist in safeguarding the welfare of participants. Participants are advised to keep well hydrated if consuming alcohol whilst participating in exercise and if alcohol is consumed to so responsibly.
Sue Ryder accepts no responsibility for any death or personal injury suffered by any participant personally in the absence of negligence or breach of statutory duty on the part of Sue Ryder. Sue Ryder accepts no liability for any loss or damage to any participant’s property.
Personal accident and public liability insurance cover is advised to cover any loss, damage or injury you may sustain yourself or to your personal property or cause to a third party or their property. Your signature on the entry form or your clicking on the box in the on line entry conforms your acceptance of these conditions of entry. If during the event you are involved in an incident with a third party please ensure that you pass on all your details - it is not the responsibility of the event organisers.
Sue Ryder has a comprehensive risk assessment process for each event which aims to minimise or eliminate the risk to everyone taking part. However, by taking part in this event, you acknowledge that there may be conditions or circumstances beyond our control that can lead to unforeseen risks.
Clothing and Footwear
Participants are reminded that this is an outdoor event in the countryside and it is participants' own responsibility to wear footwear and clothing appropriate to the nature of the course and the weather on the day. Parts of the course may be slippery, muddy and exposed to the elements.
Sponsorship monies raised may not be given to or shared with any other organisation. Participants are advised that they have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies and donations received are paid to Sue Ryder within a reasonable time.
Participants and supporters are welcome to take pictures on the day but please ensure that where the pictures captures images of children that only one's family members are included. Unfortunately, there are people out there who will use photos and videos for negative purposes; bullying, grooming, locating, and trolling can all start with a misjudged photo. If an individual, a parent or a carer asks for any photo showing their child to be removed or deleted, it should be done without question at the earliest opportunity.
Please be aware that by registering, you authorise Sue Ryder to process your personal and sensitive data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 for the purposes of this event. By ticking the terms and conditions box on our registration form you agree to Sue Ryder using your personal and sensitive data for the purposes outlined above.
- I hereby apply to participate in this event and accept and agree the above conditions.
- I understand and agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the event and the rules of the organisers.
- I agree to take part with consideration for others.
- I agree that the conditions of my entry state that I will follow the instructions given.