553 Wilbraham Road
Chorlton Cum Hardy
Weekend Volunteers, Chorlton Cum Hardy
We are looking for Shop Volunteers to help us to run our much loved shop in Chorlton-cum-Hardy at the weekend, where there is always plenty to do.
Main Purpose of Job
You will be supporting our shop to give customers the best possible experience in store, keep the shop stocked and tidy, and help us to sort donations
You could be front of house, welcoming and serving customers, keeping the shop floor tidy and fresh, or organising stock behind the scenes.
You will be supported by our local shop team by:
- Sorting clothes, spotting premium items, tagging and hanging items
- Keeping the shop floor neat and tidy and well displayed
- Keeping the shop re restocked and full plus accepting donations
- Serving customers on the till (if you’re happy to)
We'll need you to:
- be friendly and willing to help
- have good common sense
- use your own initiative and work as part of a team to help out
If you’d like to know more, pop into the shop or get in touch to arrange a taster session where you can try out the role and meet the team or apply online now.
Saturday and/or Sunday – whatever time you can give
You need to be the type of person who:
- is customer focused, patient and attentive
- is friendly and approachable
- has common sense
- can use your own initiative
- can work as part of a team
Previous retail experience would be great but it’s not essential as we’ll give you all the training you need. Really, you just need to be a friendly, helpful person who enjoys talking to people.
- Fun, friendship and to be part of a team
- Staff discount on donated goods excluding furniture
- We can reimburse your reasonable local travel expenses for shifts of over 4 hours and we will be able to provide a reference to prospective employers.
- We offer NVQ’s in Customer Service, Retail, Warehouse and Team Leading (England only).
- This is a great opportunity to gain and develop your experience in the competitive retail sector, make new friends and help Sue Ryder provide More Care to More People in need of palliative, neurological and bereavement support