553 Wilbraham Road
Chorlton Cum Hardy
Volunteer Till Operators, Chorlton Cum Hardy
Join Sue Ryder's small friendly team in Chorlton Cum Hardy as a volunteer Till Operator and use your customer service skills to provide service with a smile.
1. Main Purpose of Job
Support our shops to give customers the best possible experience in store, to make sure they have a fantastic time and come back again and again!
2. Role Overview
Our tills are really easy to use and as a till operator you’ll be the face of our shop. You’ll be focused and friendly, take payments, pack goods, and spot opportunities make additional sales. - Making sure customers leave wanting to come back.
We'll need you to:
- be really friendly and approachable
- have common sense
- use your own initiative
- have the ability to stay calm under pressure
If you’d like to know more, pop into the shop or get in touch to arrange a taster session where you can try out the role and meet the team or apply online now.
Regular 4 hour shift preferred, but days and times flexible.
You need to be the type of person who:
- is customer focused, patient and attentive
- can work as part of a team
- has a good level of numeracy
Previous retail experience would be great but it’s not essential. You need to be a friendly, helpful person who enjoys talking to people.
- Fun, friendship and to be part of a team
- Staff discount on donated goods excluding furniture
- We can reimburse your reasonable local travel expenses for shifts of over 4 hours and we will be able to provide a reference to prospective employers.
- We offer NVQ’s in Customer Service, Retail, Warehouse and Team Leading (England only).
- This is a great opportunity to gain and develop your experience in the competitive retail sector, make new friends and help Sue Ryder provide More Care to More People in need of palliative, neurological and bereavement support