553 Wilbraham Road
Chorlton Cum Hardy
Volunteer Stockroom Assistants, Chorlton Cum Hardy
We are looking for someone to join Sue Ryder's friendly shop team in Chorlton Cum Hardy as a volunteer Stockroom Assistant to help us sort, identify and keep track of the wonderful stock in our shop.
1. Main Purpose of Job
Support our shops behind the scenes back of house, sorting donations, getting things ready for sale and making sure the shop is kept stocked and ready for our customers.
2. Role Overview
We are well supported with great donations and new goods coming in every day. This means we have a lot to do to get things ready for sale and on the shop floor. Stockroom volunteers help us to sort each bag or box and decide what to sell, hang clothes, clean up and sticker bric-a-brac, maybe even build flat pack furniture.
If you’d like to know more, pop into the shop or get in touch to arrange a taster session where you can try out the role and meet the team or apply online now.
Days and times are flexible.
You need to be the type of person who:
- is well organised and good at task based activities
- is friendly and able to work as part of a team
- can use your own initiative
- is happy to get stuck in and support the shop where needed
Previous experience would be great but it’s not essential. You need to be a friendly person who is happy to work as a team, reliable and good at using your initiative.
- Fun, friendship and to be part of a team
- Staff discount on donated goods excluding furniture
- We can reimburse your reasonable local travel expenses for shifts of over 4 hours and we will be able to provide a reference to prospective employers.
- We offer NVQ’s in Customer Service, Retail, Warehouse and Team Leading (England only).
- This is a great opportunity to gain and develop your experience in the competitive retail sector, make new friends and help Sue Ryder provide More Care to More People in need of palliative, neurological and bereavement support