Sue Ryder St Johns Hospice
Volunteer Reception Support, St John's Hospice
Sue Ryder is looking for organised and enthusiastic volunteers who can help us run a friendly and efficient reception for service-users and their visitors.
As part of the Reception Team you’ll be involved in tasks that will vary according to need, and may include:
- answering the telephone, redirecting calls within the hospice
- responding to enquiries
- taking and passing on messages
- photocopying and routine filing
- greeting visitors in a courteous and professional manner
- making refreshments
- sorting mail
- data entry and word processing
- using the till, when staff and visitors purchase refreshments
- maintaining awareness of the charity’s work to answer general queries.
Unfortunately we are only able to accept reception Volunteers that are over the age of 18.
Ideally you will have:
- excellent communication skills whether face to face, on the phone or via email
- an organised and systematic approach
- good customer service skills and the ability to maintain a positive attitude under pressure
- working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Previous reception or customer service experience would be an advantage.
Minimum of two shifts per month - we are ideally looking for people who can do weekend and evening shifts, but we will also consider people who can do weekday shifts.
Typical weekday and evening shifts are from 9am - 1pm, 1 - 5pm and 5 - 9pm. Typical weekend shifts are 10am - 1pm, 1 - 4pm, and 4 - 8pm.
Sue Ryder is able to reimburse reasonable local travel expenses for shifts over four hours, and we can provide a reference to prospective employers.
Apply to be a Reception Support Volunteer