Sue Ryder - Beeston
41-43 High Street
General Shop Volunteer, Beeston
We are looking for General Shop Volunteers to help us to run our much-loved high street shop in Beeston, Nottingham, where there is always plenty to do.
You will be supporting our Beeston shop to give customers the best possible experience in store, keep the shop stocked and tidy, and help us to sort donations - an all rounder!
You could be front of house, serving customers and keeping the shop floor tidy and fresh, or organising stock behind the scenes. We ask for as little or as much time as you can give, as often or as occasionally as you feel able.
You will be supported by our lovely shop team to be involved in things like:
- Sorting clothes, spotting premium items, tagging, stickering and hanging items
- Keeping the shop floor neat and tidy
- Restocking the shop, accepting donations and talking to customers
- Creating displays and merchandising
- Serving customers on the till (if you’re happy to)
We'll need you to:
- be friendly and willing to help
- have good common sense
- use your own initiative and work as part of a team to help out
You need to be the type of person who:
- is customer focused, patient and attentive
- is friendly and approachable
- has common sense
- can use your own initiative
- can work as part of a team
- is happy to get stuck in and support the shop where needed
Previous retail experience would be great but it’s not essential as we’ll give you all the training you need. Really, you just need to be a friendly, helpful person who enjoys talking to people.
Regular four-hour shift preferred, but days and times flexible.
- Comprehensive induction provided.
- We can reimburse your reasonable local travel expenses for shifts of over 4 hours.
- We will be able to provide a reference to prospective employers.
- We offer NVQs in Customer Service and Retail (England only).
This is a great opportunity to gain and develop your experience in the competitive retail sector, make new friends, and help Sue Ryder provide palliative, neurological and bereavement support to people living with the challenges of life-limiting conditions.
If you’d like to know more, pop into your local shop or get in touch to arrange a taster session where you can try out the role and meet the team or apply online now.
Apply to be a General Shop Volunteer