Due to concerns over the Coronavirus, this event has now been cancelled.
Please contact us on the contact details above if you have any further questions or queries about this event.
Please know how grateful we are to you for providing such amazing support to Sue Ryder. We rely on your valuable contributions and are as disappointed as you will be that this event will no longer be taking place this year.
Sue Ryder St. John's Hospice Fundraising Team
With fun for all the family, this colour run makes for a great day out while raising much needed funds for Sue Ryder St John’s Hospice.
On the day
Registration opens at 10.00am and the race itself will begin at 11.30am.
The entry fee includes a PaintRush t-shirt and a bag of paint powder to start the fun before the race, both which can be collected from registration on the day. We can only guarantee that you will receive a t-shirt and bag of paint if you sign up online in advance.
Along the route, there will be a number of paint stations that will coat you in a different bright-coloured paint to turn you multi-coloured.
There will also be obstacles on the route, food stalls and merchandise to buy on the day.
Adult individual tickets cost £15 and child tickets cost £10.
Terms and conditions
The PaintRush in support of Sue Ryder (SR) St John’s Hospice is a 5k running event in aid of SR. By submitting the application form you confirm that you understand and agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
- All participants must register online no later than midday on Thursday 19th March. There will be a sign-up desk open on the day for those who have not registered in advance.
- All participants must supply emergency contact details.
- A parent or guardian must countersign the application of any participant under 18 on date of application. Participants aged under 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult and there must be at least one adult for every 5 participants aged 16 or under. Accompanying adults must ensure that their child/children is/are supervised throughout the event and has/have a good level of road safety awareness.
- Participants must pay a non-refundable, non-transferable entry fee at the time of applying. The amount of the entry fee will be confirmed on the application form and on SR’s webpage for the event.
- SR reserves the right to refuse any application. SR’s decision shall be final.
- SR reserves the right to change, postpone or cancel the event where forced to do so by circumstances beyond its control. Where the event is postponed or cancelled, participants shall receive a full refund on their registration fee.
- Successful applicants will receive an email confirmation. You will receive emails prior to the event with further information.
- Your PaintRush runner number, a t- shirt to wear on the day and a packet of paint are to be collected from the registration desk on the day. If you are signing up on the day, SR cannot confirm that there will be a t-shirt available in your size.
- If any of your contact or other details should change after you have entered the event, you should notify SR as soon as possible.
- PaintRush has been designed as a low risk event for a person of average fitness. All participants should satisfy themselves that they are in good health and physically able to participate in the PaintRush. If in doubt, participants should consult a GP, hospital doctor or other suitable healthcare professional prior to the event.
- If you have any medical conditions or if you wish to take part in a wheelchair please contact us before completing this form for information about how you can be supported in this event.
- Whilst SR will use reasonable endeavours to make the event safe, all participants must protect themselves by wearing suitable clothing and footwear. Sunglasses are recommended to avoid paint going into runner’s eyes. All participants must follow the rules of the Highway Code as they apply to pedestrians as well as the instructions of the event organisers and marshals on the route.
- The paint used is coloured corn-starch powder and is non-toxic. Paint may stain clothes, so it is recommended that runners wear clothes that they do not mind getting stained.
- SR accepts no liability for any personal injury to any participant other than where such injury is caused by negligence on the part of SR. SR accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss of or damage to any participant’s property.
- PaintRush is a running event at which we cannot allow any other means of transport such as mobility scooters, roller blades, bicycles or buggies, unless notified in advance and agreed with SR.
- Dogs are not allowed at this event
- SR asks that participants and supporters do not smoke or use e cigarettes during the event
- Participants should conduct themselves appropriately during the event and refrain from doing anything which might pose a risk or cause a nuisance to other participants or which might reasonably be expected to adversely affect SR’s reputation or bring the charity into disrepute.
- SR reserves the right to eject any participant who does not comply with these terms and conditions.
- PaintRush is an exclusive SR fundraising event, organised by the St John’s PaintRush Committee. All participants must pledge to raise as much sponsorship as possible for SR. Sponsorship monies may not be given to or shared with any other organisation. SR suggests that each participant should seek to raise at least £140 in sponsorship, the cost of a nurse for a day.
- Participants should collect all sponsorship after the event and pay these to SR within a reasonable time post event
- In the event that the charity’s fundraising for a particular care centre or location exceeds its planned/established expenditure (calculated by year) any excess will go to fund Sue Ryder’s other vital work. All cost examples provided are calculated based on average costs.
- Unless they notify SR of any express objection, participants are deemed to have agreed to take part in post-walk publicity which may include interviews, photography and/or filming for SR internal communications, local and/or national media. In the event that you raise any objections to the use of any image in which you (or any of your children) are featured after the event SR will remove that image from its website and refrain from any future use of it, but cannot undertake to remove from circulation any printed materials already in use.
- We’d love to keep in touch with you about future events and to tell you more about the work of Sue Ryder and how you can support it. Please tick the appropriate box on the application form if you’re happy for us to email or text you. If you do not want us to telephone you or send you mailings by post about our other events and the work of Sue Ryder, please tick the appropriate box on the application form.
Frequently asked questions
I've signed up. What happens now?
Once registered, each entrant will receive an email confirmation with more information, which will be followed by further information closer to the event. All t-shirts can be collected on the event day from the registration desks.
What time does it start?
Registration is open from 10.00am and the run starts at 11.30am.
How far is the course?
The route is 5km.
How long will the run take?
It's difficult to say exactly as people of all ages and abilities take part. The average time to complete a 5km run is around 40 minutes, but this isn’t a race so there’s no rush!
Is this walk suitable for pushchairs, wheelchairs and other mobility vehicles?
No. The route is over grass and across uneven terrain which would make it unsuitable. However, we welcome all to the event site to enjoy the event from here.
Are dogs allowed at the event?
Please do not bring any pets on site.
Is there parking on site?
Parking on site is unfortunately very limited and we cannot guarantee that there will be space in the carpark. For this reason, we recommend car sharing or using public transport where possible. However, there are multiple car parks which can be found in St Neots town centre, which are approximately a 15 minute walk from the event site.
Can I buy my ticket on the day?
Tickets are available to purchase on the event date. However, a t-shirt and bag of paint is only guaranteed to those who sign up online, so we would recommend signing up in advance.
What's the refund policy?
Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable, other than in the event of rescheduling or cancellation by the organiser. Please read our full terms and conditions for more details.
Is the paint safe?
The colour powder that we use is made of dyed corn starch which is non-toxic.