Join us for a magical and musical evening of live entertainment at Cliff Castle Park in Keighley - all in support of Manorlands Hospice.
Following the postponement of the event on 10th August, the rescheduled date for Sue Ryder Manorlands Hospice Rock the Castle is now Saturday 14th September.
It looks set to be even bigger and better than the original with more acts now booked to perform.
Unfortunately, the Tewitt Silver Band are competing that day but the fantastic City of Bradford Brass Band have come to the rescue and shall now provide the Last Night of the Proms set. Additionally we now have Ruth Nielson, the 90-strong members of Voices of Yorkshire and covers band Night Patrol, who will finish the evening off in style.
Still able to attend?
If you have already booked your tickets for Proms at the Castle, they are still valid for the new date so if you can still attend, there is no need to do anything.
About the event
Join us for a magical and musical evening of live entertainment on a ‘Last Night of the Proms’ theme, all set in the beautiful Cliffe Castle Park in Keighley.
Acts include the City of Bradford Brass band who will play Last Night of the Proms classics such as Land of Hope and Glory and Jerusalem. It is set to be non-stop entertainment with the audience's attention moving seamlessly between the two stages in front of the auditorium.
Other acts will include the 90-strong Voices of Yorkshire Choir, opera from local teenager Jasmine Colgan and established established singer James Hutton who will be accompanied by Susan Watkiss. Mark Hutchinson and Carmelina Bagarozza will perform songs from the shows and the evening will be finished off in style by firstly Ruth Nielson and then covers band Night Patrol.
There will be a prize for the best decorated party and picnic site.
Bring a blanket and book an empty pitch with space for your own gazebo for just £10 + admin fee.
The ultimate picnic
Bring your own picnic or order one of our super hampers. These include sandwiches, fruit, pies, cake, crisps, water and a small bottle of prosecco – all for £20 + admin fee.
A licensed bar will be open throughout the event.
Buy your tickets for Proms at the Castle
This event is sponsored by
Frequently asked questions
Why is there an additional admin fee on top of the ticket price?
Eventbrite charges Sue Ryder Manorlands Hospice a booking and payment processing fee for each ticket we sell; this admin fee covers these costs.
What are the full terms and conditions of the event?
- The Proms at the Castle is a proms/classical themed music event to be held on 10th August 2019 at Cliffe Castle, Keighley, in aid of Sue Ryder (registered charity no. 1052076/SC039578)
- The ticket price is as shown on the Sue Ryder website and tickets must be presented upon entry in order to be allowed on site. Sue Ryder reserves the right to refuse entry to anybody without a ticket; however, subject to capacity tickets will be available to buy at the gate on the day.
- If the event is cancelled by Sue Ryder due to circumstances beyond their control, all ticket price payments made will be fully refunded. Payment made by credit/debit card will be refunded to the card making the payment. Tickets are otherwise non-refundable.
- By participating in this event, you agree to take part in publicity which may include interviews, photography and/or filming for Sue Ryder internal communications, local and/or national media. Sue Ryder will take photographs and/or video of the event and by purchasing a ticket you agree to appear in such photographs/video.
- Sue Ryder reserves the right to eject any person from the event who is causing a nuisance or whose behaviour Sue Ryder considers to be inappropriate. Sue Ryder reserves the right to refuse entry to or eject anybody who is excessively inebriated. When departing the event, please show consideration for other people in the area.
- All participants take part at their own risk. Sue Ryder does not accept responsibility for any injury suffered by any participant in the absence of negligence or breach of statutory duty on the part of Sue Ryder. Sue Ryder accepts no liability for any damage to or loss of any participant’s property.
- Please be aware that by attending this event you authorise Sue Ryder to process your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 for the purposes of this event.
- This is an outdoor event and guests should take note of the weather forecast and dress appropriately.
- If wind conditions are strong on the day to the point where organisers foresee problems with gazebos blowing away, they will have the right to take down such marquees (either Sue Ryder’s or their own marquees) until a point that the wind drops to safe levels.
- There will be no naked flames permitted in the arena area. This includes Chinese Lanterns, BBQs, candles and cigarettes/cigars.