Sue Ryder takes the wellbeing and safety of its staff, volunteers, hospice patients, and neurological clients alongside their families, retail customers and all third parties working with us, very seriously.
Sue Ryder has completed comprehensive risk assessments of our operations and the services we offer, following the guidance issued by the Goverment and the devolved governments of the UK, and have identified a range of controls to manage the risk of Covid-19 cross contamination and transmission.
The following areas of Sue Ryder have been risk assessed:
- Hospices and neurological centres
- Our charity shops
- Logistics and distribution, including our new goods warehouse
- Head offices and all other office environments
As a result of the risk assessments, Sue Ryder has implemented (where reasonably practicable) a range of controls which include:
- Completed site specific ‘Covid Secure’ risk assessment following Government guidance on ‘Working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19)’.
- Developed infection, prevention and control strategies to combat coronavirus.
- Adapted to supporting our people whilst remote working and supported those furloughed through welfare contacts.
- Provision of information, instruction and training to all our people, including employees, volunteers and partners.
- Consulted all interested parties, including families and volunteers.
- Quickly established a Top Management incident management team to oversee Charity wide activity.
- Adopt many new ways of working to assist with business continuity through utilisation of technology and safe remote working.
- Developed an enhanced Health and Wellbeing programme to support our people.
- Ensured that our estate remained safe, compliant and put arrangements in place to reintroduce our people and customers to safe workplaces.
- Carried out assessments of our people and included this as a key part of all those returning to return to work.
The risk assessments are reviewed and updated weekly by Sue Ryder’s health, safety, estates and environment team to ensure controls are still relevant and being implemented.