What is the food like?
Our in-house catering team take pride in offering quality food to our patients. Joan and her team have just been awarded a five star food hygiene award from Gloucestershire County Council for the excellent standard of food, kitchen hygiene and catering services at Leckhampton Court Hospice.
Daily menus are thoughtfully created to encourage patients to eat well whilst in our care, and are adaptable to cater to specific dietary requirements. Our catering team work with patients and clinical staff throughout their stay to prepare dishes to suit preferences and requirements, starting with a one to one discussion on admission. In addition to the daily menus, there is always a selection of soup, sandwiches and snacks available throughout the day.
A sample menu from the Kitchen at Leckhampton Court:
- Selection of cereals
- Toast with jam or marmalade
- Full English
- Scrambled, boiled, fried of poached eggs
- Fresh fruit and juices
- Homemade red pepper and sweet potato soup
- Chicken chasseur with seasonal vegetables and mashed potato
- Roasted vegetable tart with salad
- Lemon meringue pie with cream
- Homemade mushroom soup
- Corned beef hash with beans or vegetables
- Jacket potato with choice of filling and salad
- Sandwich of choice
- Blackcurrant fool with shortbread biscuits