Defy gravity with the ultimate freefall experience and help raise vital funds for Sue Ryder Dee View Court Neurological Care Centre!
Calling all daredevils
Calling all daredevils and brave souls – this one is for you!
Take a leap of faith and defy gravity in this adrenaline-fuelled adrenaline drop.
Suspended from a crane, you’ll take that all important step off the Drop Basket and freefall 100 feet through the air to the safety of the ground - in just four seconds! It’s the ultimate freefall experience.
Could you challenge yourself to take that leap of faith and raise funds for Sue Ryder Dee View Court Neurological Care Centre?
Be bold, be brave
No preparation is required because you’ll receive expert advice and help on the day.
Young adventurers are also welcome. The challenge is suitable for everyone aged 8 and above.
Spectators, cheerleaders, banners and signs are all welcome - ask your family and friends along to support your bravery, the more the merrier.
Be bold, be brave, be amazing this March!
Find out further information about the expert neurological care, rehabilitation and support provided by Sue Ryder Dee View Court Neurological Care Centre for people aged 18 and over with a range of neurological conditions such as Huntington’s Disease and multiple sclerosis.
Frequently asked questions
What’s the minimum age for participation?
The minimum age for participation is 8 years old.
Is there a weight limit to take part?
Yes, you must be under 21 stone (133kg) to take part in the adrenaline drop.
Where will the event take place exactly?
The event will take place in the grounds of The Village Hotel, Aberdeen.
What facilities will be available on the day?
The Village Hotel will be open for participants and supporters to use toilets, have a seat and get some refreshments. There is a Starbucks café and restaurant located inside.
Will I be able to register on the day?
No. Participants must pre-register for this event. Unfortunately we will be unable to register anyone who turns up on the day.
What time will I do the Drop?
Participants will be allocated a specific hour slot for their Drop. The fundraising team will be in touch to request preferred time slots for participants.
Terms and conditions
Sue Ryder Adrenaline Drop
Terms and Conditions of Entry
By entering the Sue Ryder Adrenaline Drop event you confirm that you understand and agree to abide by the following terms and conditions.
1. The event is organised for the benefit of Sue Ryder (“Sue Ryder”) a charity registered in England and Wales (no. 1052076) and in Scotland (no. SC039578)and a company limited by guarantee incorporated and registered in England and Wales (no. 943228) whose registered office is at Kings House, King Street, Sudbury, Suffolk, CO10 2ED.
2. The event is scheduled to take place on Sunday 15th March 2020.
3. All applicants must be aged 8 or over at the date of application in order to be eligible.
4. Entries will only be accepted via Sue Ryder’s website (www.suerydercare.org.uk) [or on Sue Ryder’s official registration form]. Entry is on a “first come, first served” basis. Sue Ryder reserves the right to refuse any application at its discretion. Sue Ryder’s decision shall be final
5. Each entry must be accompanied by the entry fee of £20.00 for adults aged 18+, or entry fee of £10 for children aged 8+. The entry fee is non-refundable (other than as set out in these terms and conditions) and non-transferable.
6. In the event that the event is cancelled or postponed due to unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances, Sue Ryder shall offer all participants the option of deferring their entry until the event next takes place or having their entry fee refunded. Sue Ryder may at its discretion allow participants to transfer to an alternative fundraising event. Except as provided for in this clause 6 Sue Ryder shall have no liability to any participant in respect of any such cancellation or postponement.
7. Participants are responsible for ensuring that they are fit and healthy enough to take part. Any participant who is at any point unsure whether they are sufficiently fit and healthy should seek professional medical advice in advance.
8. The event is organized on Sue Ryder’s behalf by Spina Bifida Hydrocephalus Scotland. Sue Ryder accepts no liability for any death or injury to any participant save where such death or injury is caused by negligence on the part of Sue Ryder.
9. Sue Ryder accepts no liability whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage to any participant’s property.
10. All participants are responsible for supplying and wearing suitable clothing which is safe and appropriate to the event.
11. Throughout the event all participants must comply with the instructions of event officials.
12. All participants must behave appropriately and do nothing which might adversely affect the reputation of Sue Ryder or bring the charity into disrepute.
13. Sue Ryder and Spina Bifida Hydrocephalus Scotland reserve the right to eject or refuse entry to any participant whose conduct they deem inappropriate or whom they consider not to be in a fit state to participate.
14. All participants should seek to raise as much sponsorship for the event as possible. Sue Ryder suggests a target of £150.00 per adult participant and £100 per child participant. The Adrenaline Drop event is being organised in conjunction with a fellow charity, however Sue Ryder participants are exclusively raising funds for Sue Ryder – Dee View Court, and sponsorship should not be shared with any other organisation.
15. All participants must promptly collect all sponsorship monies following the event and send them to Sue Ryder within six weeks of the date of the event. Details of how to send in sponsorship monies will be provided by Sue Ryder.
16. Images may be taken during the event using film photography, digital photograph, video or other media and may be used on our website and in promotional material in any medium. By taking part in the event or attending the event you are deemed to have given your consent, unless you notify Sue Ryder of any express objections. In the event that you raise any objections to the use of any image in which you are featured after the event Sue Ryder will remove that image from its website and refrain from any future use of it, but cannot undertake to remove from circulation any printed materials already in use. Sue Ryder acknowledges its responsibilities towards children and younger people and will, wherever possible and practicable, refrain from capturing or using their images.