Role title: Driver
Line manager: CNS/DAY Therapy team Leader
Location: Wheatfields Hospice, Grove Road, Headingley, Leeds, LS6 2AE
Help Sue Ryder provide a safe and efficient transport service to individuals requiring assistance for the journey to and from Sunnyview House.
This role involves driving service-users to and from the centre, appointments or leisure activities. Reliable transport can reassure service-users during what is often a difficult time.
You’ll provide and record a pleasant journey by:
- transporting service-users, being mindful of their needs
- providing assistance in and out of the vehicle, and with any belongings
- carrying out regular vehicle checks to ensure roadworthiness
- maintaining accurate maintenance and mileage records
- keeping us informed of changes to your ‘driver ability’ which may include: points on your licence, your 70th birthday, or expiry of essential training qualifications.
- having a fully insured vehicle with a valid MOT certificate (if using your own vehicle).
We will need to carry out a DBS (formerly CRB) check (at no cost to yourself).
Please note that this role does not include personal care or using specialist moving equipment.
Commitment: Friday between 9.30 am and 2.00 pm.
Ideally you’ll have
- the ability to read a map and plan a route.
- the ability to use your initiative
- resilience under time pressure
- a polite and friendly disposition.
We’ll need you to have a current, clean, driving licence, held for a minimum of a year.
While gaining experience within a friendly team, you will also have the opportunity to take part in wider charitable activities, such as fundraising events. Sue Ryder is able to reimburse your mileage for shifts over 4 hours, and we can provide a reference to future prospective employers.
This is a great opportunity to support service-users, make new friends, and help Sue Ryder provide incredible care to people living through the challenges of life-changing illness.