Put your green fingers to use by helping with the general upkeep of the gardens at Sue Ryder’s Wheatfields Hospice.
Working as part of the maintenance team, you will look after the courtyard area for the benefit of service-users and their visitors. You’ll help to:
- prepare seeds and plants
- maintain the quality appearance of the grounds – including weeding, deadheading and pruning.
- keep the courtyard to an agreed standard
- maintenance of fish pond to include feeding fish and cleaning of filter
You will need to:
- wear appropriate clothing, which may include protective items provided by Sue Ryder
- comply with Sue Ryder policies and procedures and Health & Safety regulations
- attend mandatory training.
Commitment: Ideally a few hours per week but can be flexible with which day, depending on the volunteers availability
Ideally you will have:
- a basic knowledge of plants and their management
- a fair level of physical fitness
- the patience and ability to work in varying weather conditions.
Previous experience of gardening would be beneficial
Sue Ryder is able to reimburse local travel expenses for shifts over 4 hours, and we will be able to provide a reference to prospective employers.
Your efforts will make a real difference to patients and their families and friends enabling the enjoyment of the courtyard area.