Role: Complementary Therapist.
Join Sue Ryder’s hospice team to help provide complementary therapies to patients and their families.
Sue Ryder’s Wheatfields Hospice offers personalised care and support to people at the end of their lives, and their visitors. The team are currently looking for voluntary Complementary Therapists to help us provide a range of treatments to service users in the day therapy unit within the hospice. We currently offer aromatherapy, hypnotherapy, massage, reflexology and reiki.
As well as providing a treatment session you’ll be involved in providing information to service users about the therapy you offer, and keeping basic records of sessions delivered.
An enhanced DBS check (formerly known as CRB) will be required.
A regular weekly or fortnightly commitment would be ideal. Times are flexible but sessions will be Monday to Friday between 10am and 4pm.
Skills and experience
We'll need you to:
- have a nationally recognised qualification, membership of a relevant professional association, and your own insurance
- be qualified in a minimum of two therapies, one of whichs is massage
- have excellent listening and communication skills
- relate well to others
- have a warm, adaptable and caring approach
- have emotional resilience
- be able to work within personal and organisational boundaries.
Previous experience of providing treatments within a healthcare setting would be beneficial.
We’ll offer volunteers in this role, regular reviews and emotional support from our small, friendly team, as well as reimbursement of reasonable local travel expenses.
This is an opportunity to use your skills to support people at a difficult time, while developing your experience within a palliative healthcare environment.