Role title: Corporate Engagement Volunteer
Line manager: Community Fundraiser
Location: Sue Ryder, Thorpe Hall Hospice, Thorpe Road, Longthorpe, Peterborough, PE3 6LW
A brand new role in the Fundraising team at Thorpe Hall Hospice!
Can you help us to fundraise £104,000 from our corporate supporters to help us achieve our £2.3 million fundraising target for 2018/19? If it’s a yes - we would love to hear from you!
This new voluntary role gives you the opportunity to make your mark on our corporate fundraising strategy. You will be responsible for engaging with our corporate supporters on a regular basis, informing them of new opportunities that they can get involved with.
In the main, we would like the volunteer to create internal engagement boards to display upcoming fundraising events that employees could sign up to, available volunteer roles and information about Thorpe Hall Hospice. These boards could contain thank you messages from our nurses, or words of encouragement for employees taking on a challenge. The board could display their fundraising target with amount raised so far, and what that could pay for. It’s your board to get creative with! The volunteer may also be asked to attend networking events and research when business events are being held.
The volunteer will have a creative side and enjoy creating new artwork and board designs to engage, inspire and motivate our corporate supporters.
The ultimate purpose of this role is to ensure our corporates have maximum opportunity to engage with our work, our events and voluntary opportunities. Their support is crucial to ensuring that we can hit our Fundraising targets.
With support from your local fundraising team you will:
- Build relationships with our corporate supporters
- Develop and implement ideas for our new corporate engagement boards
- Develop a strong understanding of our fundraising events and campaigns
- Develop knowledge of our corporate supporters – their fundraising targets, donation amounts, events etc.
- Understand the volunteer opportunities we have available, especially for large teams
- Gain a good understanding of the work of Sue Ryder Thorpe Hall Hospice, our vision, aims and strategy
- Be able to talk with corporate supporters about new fundraising ideas and how we can support them
- Attend networking events with a member of the Fundraising team.
- Seek out opportunities to engage with businesses and research networking events.
Commitment: This role is flexible, but there is at least a once a month commitment. The boards displayed at our corporate supporters must be changed once a month unless stated otherwise.
We would like the volunteer to be;
- Creative when developing new corporate display boards
- Confident in speaking with our corporate supporters about work at Thorpe Hall Hospice and opportunities they can get involved in.
- Able to understand the events that may appeal to our corporate supporters
- Able to travel within the local community (mainly central Peterborough, but this varies)
- Willing to encourage corporate supporters to get involved in new activities
- Able to build and remember the profile of a corporate supporter (when visiting it is important that you understand the support they have already offered, the funds they have raised and their target).
- Enthusiastic about fundraising and able to recognise its importance
- Able to act as an ambassador for Thorpe Hall Hospice and Sue Ryder
- Confident in networking with employees
The following experience is desirable, but not essential;
- Volunteered for a charity
- Experience of Marketing/being creative
This volunteer role would be ideal for someone interested in a career in fundraising or marketing and/or has a corporate background. This is an opportunity to learn about how we can add value to our corporate supporters and ensure we meet our financial targets.
You will be supported by your local community fundraiser who will meet with you regularly and ensure you have all the necessary materials required to create a new and engaging corporate display board each month. Your community fundraiser will also update you on our fundraising news e.g. companies who have hit target, business events, networking opportunities, progress with our targets.
As one of our volunteers, you will be part of our wider volunteer fundraising team, and our Thorpe Hall Hospice team, who will offer continued support and guidance. You will have the opportunity to meet new people, gain and develop new skills, get to know others in your community and most importantly – do something incredible!
We will reimburse volunteers for their reasonable travel expenses.