Sue Ryder is looking for an organised and enthusiastic volunteer who can help us run a friendly and efficient reception at Thorpe Hall Hospice. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop their existing administrative and customer care skills in a small friendly team, whilst helping Sue Ryder to provide care to people living with the challenges of life limiting conditions and their loved ones.
As part of the Reception Team you’ll be involved in tasks that will vary according to need and may include:
- responding to enquiries
- photocopying and routine filing
- greeting visitors in a courteous and professional manner
- making refreshments
- sorting mail
- data entry and word processing
- maintaining awareness of the charity’s work in order to answer general queries
Commitment: We have various shifts available. Reception shifts are 4 hours in length and run between 8.00am – 6.00pm every day, including weekends
Ideally you will have:
- excellent communication skills whether face to face, on the phone or via email
- an organised and systematic approach
- good customer service skills and the ability to maintain a positive attitude under pressure
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Previous reception or customer service experience and use of a switchboard would be an advantage but is not essential.
We are able to reimburse your reasonable local travel expenses and we can provide a reference to prospective employers.
You will be instrumental in raising funds and awareness within our local community on behalf of Sue Ryder Thorpe Hall Hospice
This is a great opportunity to gain and develop your experience in the charity sector, make new friends and help Sue Ryder provide care to people living through the challenges of life-limiting illness.