Sue Ryder at Thorpe Hall are looking for someone with a keen interest in events who can help to support the Fundraising team in the setting up, running and dismantling of events. This is a key volunteer role in the Fundraising team and will enable the team to work more effectively at events by having extra support
Examples of the types of events that you may support include sporting events and seasonal fayres. Thorpe Hall Hospice will have a presence at the Dragon Boat Festival, Tour of Cambridgeshire and Great Eastern Run during 2018. There will also be other events taking place throughout the year.
There will be opportunity to assist in helping to run the event on the day – talking with supporters and general public about our work and encouraging our participants.
You will play an integral part in the delivery of the event. You will gain a real insight into the work of events fundraising by having the opportunity to be involved with the planning, organising and logistics of organising an event. You will be present on the day of the event, gaining an understanding of how to set up an event.
Although this role is advertised for an ‘on the day’ events volunteer we will be very happy to consider the volunteer helping us in the planning and lead up to the event. If this is something you are interested in please make our Volunteer Co-ordinator aware on your application.
Please be aware that this volunteer role requires a ‘hands on’ approach and will involve physical activity. The majority of events take place outdoors in all-weather conditions
With the support of your local Fundraising Team, you will be;
- Asked to help support with adhoc events – setting up and dismantling event materials
- Encouraging our supporters at events, cheering them on, meeting them at end of events, directing them to our tent (where applicable)
- Raising awareness of our work, spreading Thorpe Hall’s key messages with the local community
There may be an opportunity to support the fundraising team with the planning of the event – please discuss this with the volunteer co-ordinator on application
Commitment: Various dates throughout the year.
Ideally, the volunteer will have;
- Ability to lift and maneouvre event materials
- Enthusiasm to encourage our supporters at events e.g. Great Eastern Run
- Organisation and communication skills to help set up the event and liaise with Fundraising team
- A great team player spirit – able to interact with volunteers, supporters, participants, general public and fundraising team
- Passion about Sue Ryder Thorpe Hall Hospice and its work
Previous experience of voluntary fundraising or assisting at events is preferable, but by no means essential. We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate individual who wants to support Sue Ryder Thorpe Hall Hospice at events throughout the year.
We are able to reimburse your reasonable local travel expenses and we can provide a reference to prospective employers.
You will be instrumental in raising funds and awareness within our local community on behalf of Sue Ryder Thorpe Hall Hospice
This is a great opportunity to gain and develop your experience in the charity sector, make new friends and help Sue Ryder provide care to people living through the challenges of life-limiting illness.