Ambassador (Stamford Area)
Role title: Hospice Ambassador for Stamford area
Location: Thorpe Hall Hospice , Thorpe Road , Peterborough PE3 6LW
Support Sue Ryder’s Corporate fundraising and awareness raising efforts within the business community as an ambassador for Thorpe Hall Hospice.
You will be instrumental in raising funds and awareness within your local community on behalf of Sue Ryder, Thorpe Hall Hospice.
With support from the fundraising team you will:
• Research and contact local community groups and/or businesses to organise talks and give presentations
• Speak and present to local community groups and/or businesses
• Attend cheque presentations
• Raise awareness of Sue Ryder, Thorpe Hall Hospice through distributing posters etc
• Promote fundraising activities in your local community
Commitment: This role is flexible. Ideally we would like the volunteer to be available for one day per week. This role will include delivering talks outside of office hours.
- Ideally you will be:
- able to research potential supporters
- comfortable and confident with public speaking
- able to travel within their local community
- confident in presenting to community groups
- able to speak passionately about Sue Ryder, Thorpe Hall Hospice and the work we do
- passionate about fundraising and able to recognise its importance
- able to act as an ambassador for Thorpe Hall Hospice and Sue Ryder
- confident in networking with community groups and other Thorpe Hall volunteers
The following experience is desirable, but not essential;
- public speaking
- use of the Internet for research
- use of Microsoft Office PowerPoint
- volunteering for a charity
- access to a vehicle or good transport routes would be helpful
We are able to reimburse your reasonable local travel expenses and we can provide a reference to prospective employers.
You will be instrumental in raising funds and awareness within our local community on behalf of Sue Ryder Thorpe Hall Hospice
This is a great opportunity to gain and develop your experience in the charity sector, make new friends, and help Sue Ryder provide care to people living through the challenges of life-limiting illness.