Role title: Administrative Assistant
Line manager: Jo Ruff
Department: Family Support
Location: Thorpe Hall Hospice , Thorpe Road , Peterborough
Develop your office experience by supporting Sue Ryder’s busy Family Support admin team
Duties will vary according to need but you may be involved in:
- Data entry/Database administration
- Responding to calls, emails, letters
- Word processing/spreadsheets
- Routine filing
- Assisting with mailings
Commitment: 1 or 2 days or part days a week
Ideally you will have:
- Good customer service skills
- An organised and systematic approach
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Confident and articulate communication skills; able to communicate effectively face-to-face, via telephone and email, with people at all levels
- Good written and spoken English
- A basic level of numeracy
Previous experience in customer service, administration and use of databases would be beneficial, however, training in Sue Ryder’s systems and processes will be provided.
We are able to reimburse your reasonable local travel expenses for shifts over 4 hours and we can provide a reference to prospective employers.
This is a great opportunity to gain and develop your experience in the charity sector, make new friends, and help Sue Ryder provide care to people living through the challenges of life-limiting illness.