Role title: Administrative Assistant
Line manager: Various to support team
Department: Hospice Admin and Clinical Team
Location: Nettlebed Hospice
To support the Hospice admin team, including the team involved in the development of exciting new services at Nettlebed. Develop your third sector office experience by supporting Sue Ryder’s busy admin team who support the managers, medical staff and other office based functions in the Hospice.
The role will vary according to need but you may be involved in:
-Basic Project support
- Responding to calls, emails, letters
- Administration tasks supporting clinical and medical staff
- Typing, photocopying and filing.
- Data entry/Database administration
- Word processing/spreadsheets
- General photocopying
- Stock control of basic office supplies
Commitment: Very flexible hours Monday- Friday to suit individual needs but would welcome a commitment of one session per week where possible
Ideally you will have:
- Good people skills
- An organised and systematic approach
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate effectively face-to-face, via telephone and email, with people of all backgrounds
- Good written & spoken English
- A basic level of numeracy.
Previous experience in administration and use of databases would be beneficial. Role specific training in Sue Ryder’s systems and processes will be provided.
We are able to reimburse your reasonable local travel expenses for shifts over 4 hours, and we can provide a reference to prospective employers.
This is a great opportunity to gain or enhance your knowledge and experience in a charity sector environment. Whether it is to enhance your employment skills or to make new friends, you will help Sue Ryder provide incredible care to people living through the challenges of life-limiting illness.