This role provides practical support to the Shop Manager in their absence. As Lead Volunteer, you’ll be the 'go to person' when they need help to cover the shop, to open up or close at the end of the day. You'll be someone they can trust and rely upon to support the team in their absence, and to make sure that the shop stays open, organised and money keeps going in the till.
- Trained to Assistant Manager level, a key holder who is happy and ready to accept the responsibility of the shop in the managers absence.
- Opening and closing the shop when necessary to support the manager when they need it.
- Supporting a team of volunteers to sort donations, keep the shop stocked up and to serve customers.
- Providing excellent customer service and making sure that everyone in the team is doing the same.
- Training new volunteers, helping us to collect as much Gift Aid as possible and cashing up.
- Working alongside a great team who will help you enjoy your role, provide you with access to some great training, and generally welcome you into the Sue Ryder family.
Whatever you like really, but ideally we’d love you to commit to a regular 4 hour shift as a minimum. This role is quite flexible, but it does bring responsibility, so we need you to be reliable.
You don’t need experience - this is your chance to get it! But, if you’ve done anything like this before let us know. You’ll need to be reliable, trustworthy and conscientious.
We have various options for you to work towards NVQ’s in customer service and retail with us. Internal training will provide the help and support you require to carry out your role efficiently.