As Lead Volunteer, you’ll be the 'go to person' when help is needed to cover the shop, to open up or close at the end of the day. You’ll be someone to trust and be relied upon to support the team in the manager’s absence. You’ll make sure that the shop stays open, organised and money keeps going in the till.
Some of the things that you may do as a lead volunteer:
- open and close the shop when necessary
- support a team of volunteers to sort donations, keep the shop stocked up and to serve customers
- provide excellent customer service
- help train new volunteers; collect as much Gift Aid
- follow policies and support the team to do the same
This can be a role share.
Ideally we’d love you to commit to a regular 4 hour shift as a minimum.
There will be a training period before being given the responsibility.
This role is quite flexible, but it does bring responsibility, so you will need to be reliable, trustworthy and consciences.