Sue Ryder’s Nettlebed Hospice fundraising team is looking for volunteers to assist with a variety of project management and administration duties from internet research and telephone calls to supporting our projects and annual events.
Tasks vary but may include:
- Calling local companies, community groups and individuals on behalf of our fundraisers
- Internet research on contacts, opportunities and leads using google searches and specialist websites and pulling together details to hand over to fundraisers
- Creating publicity materials required such as posters and leaflets
- Supporting events eg by seeking sponsorship, selling tickets/places and organising volunteers.
- General admin support eg filing, archiving, processing donations, photocopying
- Cash handling
- General supporter care duties.
Ideally you will:
- Have previous office experience
- Have working knowledge of Word packages, googlemail and the internet.
- Be outgoing, passionate and confident in asking people for support either in writing, on the phone or face to face.
- Be happy to work independently and using your initiative to complete a task
- Be reliable and able to commit to regular times each week.
- Have a keen interest in representing Sue Ryder as an advocate and ambassador of our work out in the hospice and the community.
Shifts are available throughout the week during office hours.
Please note that access to Nettlebed Hospice is easiest by car.
This is an opportunity to meet and spend time with new people and engage in sociable activities. The role would be a great addition to a CV, with the benefit of a reference, if seeking employment.
If you are volunteering over 4 hours in one day, lunch will be provided and reasonable local travel costs may be reimbursed, with prior agreement.
We will give you the training and support that you need and you'll be sure that your efforts make a genuine difference to people living with the challenges of life-limiting illness.