Role title: Telephone Assistant Support
Line manager: Fern Haynes – Community Fundraising Manager
Location: Duchess of Kent Hospice, 22 Liebenrood Road, Reading, RG30 2DX
Support Sue Ryder’s various fundraising activities by calling contacting our supporters and external contacts by phone.
With support from the local fundraising team, you will be involved in:
- Phoning supporters who are enquiring about events.
- Making stewardship calls to supporters holding their own events.
- Making stewardship calls to event participants (eg Forget-Me-Not walk) to check how their fundraising is going.
- Research calls to local companies to establish their charity support/best contact etc.
- Calling donors regarding gift-aid
Commitment: One day per week on a flexible basis
We will need you to have:
- an organised and systematic approach to record and carry out the calls required
- a confident telephone manner
Previous experience of fundraising or telemarketing would be beneficial but is not essential as training will be provided.
This is a great opportunity to gain or enhance your knowledge and experience in a charity fundraising environment. Whether it is to enhance your employment skills or to make new friends, you will help Sue Ryder provide incredible care to people living through the challenges of life-limiting illness.
We can reimburse your reasonable travel expenses /mileage for shifts of over 4 hours, and we will be able to provide a reference to prospective employers.