Role title: Events Assistant
Line manager: Fern Haynes
Location: Duchess of Kent Hospice, 22 Liebenrood Road, Reading, RG30 2DX
To support our Fundraising team to administer and promote the events which form an important part of our annual fundraising calendar.
With support from your Regional Local Fundraising Team you will help to:
- Organise PR and media attention around the events
- Deal with event enquiries
- Maintain the fundraising database, contacting supporters
- Support the Regional Fundraisers in event delivery
- Organise set parts of the event logistics
You will have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Good IT skills – including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- An organised and systematic approach
- The ability to think creatively to resolve problems
- Resilience under pressure
Ideally you will have:
- Experience of working in an office as part of a team
- Experience of planning and running events
Appropriate training and on-going support will be provided.
This is a great opportunity to gain or enhance your communication and networking skills whilst gaining knowledge and experience of the fundraising and events management environment. Whether it is to enhance your employment skills or to make new friends, you will help Sue Ryder provide incredible care to people and families living through the challenges of life-limiting illness.
We can reimburse your reasonable travel expenses /mileage for shifts of over 4 hours, and we will be able to provide a reference to prospective employers.