Role title: Community Ambassador
Line manager: Fern Haynes
Location: Duchess of Kent Hospice, 22 Liebenrood Road, Reading, RG30 2DX.
To support Sue Ryder’s fundraising by promoting and raising awareness of Sue Ryder services within your community
Supported by the local fundraising team, you will be working largely on your own initiative to:
- manage and increase collecting tins in the area
- help with promotion of fundraising activities (eg poster/leaflet drops)
- attend supporter events, cheque collections and thank supporters where required
- manage supermarket and street collections as required
- deliver talks/presentations to various community groups where required
Commitment: Flexible times that work for you.
Ideally you will have:
- confidence in talking to the public about Sue Ryder (training will be provided)
- a good knowledge of your local area
Previous experience in public speaking or fundraising would be beneficial but is not essential.
Training and on-going support will be provided. We can reimburse your reasonable travel expenses / mileage for shifts of over 4 hours, and we will be able to provide a reference to prospective employers.
This is a great opportunity to gain or enrich your knowledge and experience in a charity sector in your own time and in your local community. Whether it is to enhance your employment skills or to make new friends, you will help Sue Ryder provide incredible care to people living through the challenges of life-limiting illness.