Role title: Collector
Line manager: Fern Haynes
Location: Duchess of Kent Hospice, Reading, RG30 2DX
Support Sue Ryder’s fundraising efforts by helping with fundraising collections in by collecting donations from the public at designated supermarkets, shopping centres, town centres and garden centres in your local area.
With support from the local fundraising team, you will encourage the public to give and:
- Attend at a given time-slot and area to collect
- Abide by site rules
- Ensure monies raised are given to the collection coordinator
Commitment: Flexible- weekends and some week days
Ideally you will have:
- the confidence to collect monies in public
- the ability to remain positive and represent Sue Ryder in a positive manner
- knowledge (or the ability to learn) of Sue Ryder’s services in case the public ask to promote the work of the charity
Previous experience of fundraising or collections would be beneficial but is not essential.
We are able to reimburse your reasonable local travel expenses for shifts over 4 hours, and we can provide a reference to prospective employers .
This is a great opportunity to gain and develop your experience in the charity sector and in particular fundraising. Collections are a great way to make an impact in a short period of time. You will gain fundraising experience in your own community whilst helping Sue Ryder provide incredible care to people living through the challenges of life-limiting illness.