Reception Support - Weekends
Sue Ryder is looking for organised and enthusiastic volunteers who can help us run a friendly and efficient reception for service-users and their visitors.
As part of the Reception Team you’ll be involved in tasks that will vary according to need, and may include:
- answering the telephone, redirecting calls within the hospice
- responding to enquiries
- taking and passing on messages
- photocopying and routine filing
- greeting visitors in a courteous and professional manner
- making refreshments
- sorting mail
- data entry and word processing
- using the till, when staff and visitors purchase refreshments
- maintaining awareness of the charity’s work to answer general queries.
Minimum of 2 weekend shifts per month, between 5pm and 8pm Friday evening, or between 9am and 8pm Saturday and Sunday. (Shift lengths vary between 3 and 5 hours).
Ideally you will have:
- excellent communication skills whether face to face, on the phone or via email
- an organised and systematic approach
- good customer service skills and the ability to maintain a positive attitude under pressure
- working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Unfortunately we are only able to accept reception Volunteers that are over the age of 18
Previous reception or customer service experience and use of a switchboard would be an advantage.
Sue Ryder is able to reimburse reasonable local travel expenses for shifts over 4 hours, and we can provide a reference to prospective employers.
This is a great opportunity to develop your administrative skills in a small, friendly team while helping Sue Ryder provide compassionate support to people living with the challenges of life-limiting conditions.