Develop your kitchen experience and help Sue Ryder’s catering team provide nutritious and tasty meals and refreshments to hospice service users.
As part of a small friendly team you'll help to:
- prepare and serve meals and drinks
- place used utensils, pans and crockery in the dishwasher and hand wash certain items as appropriate
- clean kitchen work surfaces, equipment, floors, fridges, freezers and other storage cupboards in line with cleaning schedules and records
- ensure equipment is stored away and the kitchen left clean and tidy at the end of each shift
- report any equipment faults and maintenance needs
- monitor and report stock levels.
You will need to have, or be happy to work towards, Food Hygiene certification.
Shifts of 3 hours are available from 7.30am to 6pm, Monday to Sunday. We'll need you to commit to at least one shift per week.
Skills and experience
Ideally you’ll have:
- an awareness of food hygiene
- the ability to follow instructions and work as part of a team
- resilience under time pressure.
Similar experience would be beneficial but is not essential as training will be provided.
This is a great opportunity to gain and develop your catering experience in a healthcare environment, make new friends, and help Sue Ryder provide incredible care to people living through the challenges of life-changing illness.