Can you spare a couple of hours every week to help enhance the quality of life of service users at Dee View Court ?
In just a few hours on a regular basis volunteer befrienders support service users to take part in activities meaningful to them. This could be by:
- supporting someone to rejoin a hobby, club or network of friends
- helping rebuild an individual’s confidence to go out
- signposting to other appropriate services and
- simply providing company and conversation.
Each befriending relationship will be different and we will do our best to match you to a service user with similar interests.
We’ll need you to be trustworthy and able to use your own initiative. We’ll ask you to attend mandatory training and permit us to carry out a PVG check.
This role requires a regular commitment of a few hours, once or twice per week between 11am – 4pm, to offer service users a consistent support service.
Skills and experience
Ideally you will:
- be reliable and have the ability to relate well to others
- have a warm, friendly, adaptable, caring approach
- be open-minded and tolerant of different lifestyle and values
- be able to work within personal and organisational boundaries.
Experience of caring either in a paid or unpaid capacity would be an advantage but is not essential.
Training will be provided and you'll be supported by our small, friendly team. We can also reimburse your local travel expenses and provide a reference to future prospective employers.
This is an opportunity to make a real difference to an individual on a one to one basis, meet new people and have fun too.