An old word for 'ferry'
Our small friendly Sue Ryder shop is situated in the main part of Bewdley town on the western bank of the River Severn, including the main street, Load Street, whose name derives from lode, an old word for ferry.
Though our shop is small we have a wide selection of good quality women's, men's and children's clothes, along with books and bric-a-brac at very reasonable prices. We also sell new goods which we have a lovely selection of.
Excellent customer service
Our management and voluntary team are very friendly and we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service.
Load Street is known for its width: this is because it once also served as the town's Market Place. Most of Bewdley's shops and amenities are situated along Load Street. At the top of Load Street is St Anne's Church, built between 1745 and 1748 by Doctor Thomas Woodward of Chipping Campden.