VitruCare: a digital health service
VitruCare is a digital health service enabling patients living with life-limiting conditions to record decisions about their healthcare, plan for the future, and keep in touch. It's a web app, which means it's accessed via an internet browser, so can be used across a variety of devices including computer, tablet, and smartphones.
Having obtained funding from NHS England’s Small Business Research Initiative, Sue Ryder and Dynamic Health Systems are working in partnership to pilot the service. This is happening across three areas supported by Sue Ryder hospices until March 2016:
- Airedale/Wharfedale/Craven/Bradford (Manorlands Hospice)
- Leeds (Wheatfields Hospice)
- Bedfordshire (St John's Hospice)
Referring patients to the pilot
Patients can be referred to join the pilot if they live in one of the areas above and are:
- on, or about to be placed on, the Gold Standards Framework or other local framework;
- living with a life-limiting condition.
For more information on VirtuCare, and to find out how to refer your patients, please contact your local implementation manager using the contact details below:
call: 07811 983 162
call: 07813 364 300
St John's Hospice
call: 07890 580 020
Patient benefits of using VitruCare:
- Connection: Patients can include their families, carers and health professionals in an 'extended care team', to let them know how to best care for them, how they are feeling, influence co-ordination of their care, select data to share, and conduct video calls with their clinician.
- Choice: Patients can make and update their care choices - SystmOnline facilitates making appointments and requesting repeat prescriptions.
- Support: Patients can raise issues to be addressed by their care team, be part of a carer's caseload, access relevant, current health information, and find local support.
Please note: VitruCare is not an urgent response service. Patients should continue to access their standard urgent care services: 999, 111, or other local single point of contact for any issue requiring an immediate response.
Healthcare team benefits of using VitruCare:
- access the service from within SystmOne
- prioritise workload based on patient information
- access the patient – view ‘how I am today’, send messages
- complete and update information with the patient
- build provider/commissioner intelligence
Sue Ryder provides incredible hospice and neurological care for people facing a frightening, life-changing diagnosis. We do whatever we can to be a safety net for our patients and their loved ones at the most difficult time of their lives. We see the person, not the condition.
Dynamic Health Systems is a partnership of innovative clinicians with an affinity for IT, business transformation experts with experience in health, and experienced solution designers.