- We gather information about traffic to and on our site in order to improve the site. This information is not tied to you individually and is used in aggregate form only. We may use and disclose such non-personal, aggregated data as we choose.
- We provide links to other websites whose privacy practices are outside our control. You should check the privacy practices of any third party website before disclosing any personal information.
If you have any questions or complaints about our privacy practices, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Sue Ryder, First Floor, 16 Upper Woburn Place, London WC1H 0AF
For information about the Data Protection Act 1998 and how it protects the personal information of individuals in the United Kingdom, please visit the Information Commissioner's website.
Information that we gather
We gather two types of information about users:
- Personal data that you provide voluntarily upon our request, such as when you make a donation or use our online shop.
- Aggregated data generated by our systems, which tracks traffic to and on our sites. This kind of data is not linked to you individually.
The personal information that we may request might include your name, your age, gender, location and/or country information, and possibly other information, as well as credit card or other financial information needed to process donations or purchases made through our on-line shop.
We will never request personal information about your health or the health of your family members or friends unless we inform you how that information will be used and receive your express consent to such use.
Aggregated tracking information helps us to determine which areas of our site users find more or less useful, based on traffic to those areas. This helps us continue to build a better service for you. Failure to provide necessary personal information when requested may prevent our processing a donation or on-line shop purchase.
Our disclosure of information
We may disclose the aggregated non-personal data that we gather to our service providers and consultants for the purpose of improving our website. However, the personal data we gather is not disclosed to any third parties without your prior authorisation, with a few exceptions as follows:
- We may disclose your personal data to third parties that assist us with processing donations or purchases from our on-line shop. Your personal data will be used only for the purpose of completing the transaction in question unless you consent to additional uses.
- We will also disclose your personal information to third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
- Under extraordinary circumstances that lead us to believe that you or another person is at risk of serious physical injury or death, we reserve the right (but assume no obligation) to disclose your personal data to appropriate authorities or persons.
Where we hold information
Any information that you provide in connection with donations will be collected and held by us at First Floor, 16 Upper Woburn Place, London WC1H 0AF or, in the case of online shop purchases, at 27 Royal Oak Way South, Daventry, Northamptonshire NN11 5PJ.
How we use information
We use the personal information that's voluntarily given by you in order to enhance your experience, whether to provide interactive or personalised elements on our website or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users. In particular the information you provide may be used for the following purposes:
- Processing credit card transactions;
- To assist in providing the services requested by you;
- To provide further information to you about other websites and services or which we consider may be of interest to you; and
- For future fundraising, promotional and publicity purposes, including research and surveys related to our mission. We will also use the aggregated data we collect to develop our website. For example, if we see that traffic to a particular area is very high, we will look for opportunities to expand that area. In this respect, our users have more say in what our site offers.
Cookies and tracking
It is important to note that our website contains links to other sites and that those sites may not follow the same privacy policies as us. These sites may send their own cookies to you, and as a result, may collect data and ask for personal information that we would not.
Children and privacy
We take the protection of children very seriously. To that end, we require that children under 13 do not submit any information to our website without a parent's or guardian's consent. We will not knowingly request or collect from a child any information online that can be traced to the child, such as an email address, name, or information about the child's family. Unless a parent or guardian consents to such use in advance, we will not knowingly use information that a child provides to us for any fundraising or promotional purpose.
Changes to policy
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice on our website.
Correct or updating your data and preferences
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have rights of access to and correction of personal information we hold. If you are receiving email from us that you do not wish to receive, please contact us at email@example.com. To correct or change information collected in connection with a donation please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the case of information collected in connection with a purchase from our online shop, please email us at email@example.com.
Questions regarding this policy should be directed to Sue Ryder by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at First Floor, 16 Upper Woburn Place, London WC1H 0AF.