Help us to make the most of your donations
Using Gift Aid means that for every £1 you give we can currently claim an extra 25p from HM Revenue & Customs, helping your donation go further.
By signing up to Gift Aid you are confirming that:
- You are a UK taxpayer and understand that if you pay less Income tax and/or capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all your donations in that tax year (6 April to 5 April) it is your responsibility to pay any difference. Sue Ryder will reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 I donate.
- You wish Sue Ryder to claim tax on all donations for the dates that you have specified until you notify us otherwise.
The rest of these terms and conditions apply only to retail Gift Aid on donated goods, not gifts of money.
- You wish Sue Ryder Direct Ltd to act as your agent in selling the goods you have brought into the shop (an administration charge of 2% +VAT will be applied).
- You are not acting as a business in bringing goods in for sale to any of the shops belonging to Sue Ryder.
- Any goods which cannot be sold will be recycled and cannot be returned to the donor. We reserve the right to terminate this agreement at any time.
N.B. Before we make any Gift Aid claim, Sue Ryder will write to you to inform you of the money raised from the sale of your donations once sufficient items have sold; you can then choose to retain or donate these proceeds to Sue Ryder.