Dee View's 5Rs programme
Our 5Rs programme is a free ten-week course providing information and support for adults with multiple sclerosis in the local Aberdeen community.
Over ten weeks, a group of ten people can benefit from a person-centred programme that is designed to give them practical help and assistance, and meet their specific needs as people with multiple sclerosis.
What we offer
Each week, different activities are offered based around five basic principles:
- Relax – We offer therapies and the opportunity to socialise with other people living with your condition in a small, informal group.
- Rebuild – The programme is structured to help you build your confidence, and discover new skills and abilities.
- Re-energise – Our range of activities and therapies aims to boost your energy levels and motivation.
- Reintegrate – Attending the 5Rs gives you the chance to make new friends and raise the group's awareness of opportunities to become more involved in the community, work and leisure.
- Regenerate – The course is not just about physical needs; we also aim to help you feel emotionally and spiritually renewed.
The 5Rs programme is run by a trained facilitator and two assistants.
Benefits of the 5Rs
- Peer support and learning: share information, concerns, positive experiences and ways of managing your neurological condition. Try out a range of therapies or new activities.
- Meet new people in a friendly, informal and supportive setting.
- Access professional staff for information, care and support.
- Access information about a range of other services that are available.
Examples of the therapies we offer are: reflexology, aromatherapy, art and music therapies, gentle exercise and yoga.
Get more information about 5Rs
The programme runs on Tuesdays from 10am to 3pm over a period of ten weeks at:
Sue Ryder Dee View Court
If you would like to join the next course or have further questions, please get in touch:
Call: 01224 245 920 and ask for the 5Rs facilitator