When someone is admitted to Thorpe Hall we would recommend that they bring:
- any medicines or tablets they are currently taking – in their original packaging
- any aids or medical equipment used regularly such as walking sticks, mobility frames or hearing aids
- day and night clothing, including shoes and slippers
- personal toiletries and towels
- community medical paperwork - this could include district nurse notes, a preferred priorities of care document and advance directives
- anything else which will help make them feel at home with us – family photos, books or an iPod with earphones for instance
We recommend against bringing in large amounts of money or jewellery as we can’t be responsible for any loss of personal items.
Please note the use of e-cigarettes is not allowed in the building, and we are unable to provide charging facilities. As an alternative, patients may wish to bring disposable e-cigarettes for use in Thorpe Hall's designated smoking areas.