Our therapy team of occupational therapists and physiotherapists take a holistic approach to physical, emotional and spiritual health in order to promote overall wellbeing.
Our aim is to give you the advice, tools and techniques you need to:
- maintain and improve your mobility, skills and confidence
- do the everyday things that matter to you
- cope with difficult symptoms.
Occupational therapy and physiotherapy
The therapy team takes a holistic approach to physical, emotional and spiritual health and well-being.
Our occupational therapist will help you identify what you can manage and work out practical solutions to every day tasks which you're finding more difficult.
Our physiotherapist can advise on exercise and movement to help build confidence in moving and keep you as active as possible.
We will work together to suggest:
- equipment to help you around the house – stair rails, walking aids and transfer aids for instance
- therapeutic breathing techniques
- fatigue management techniques
- falls reduction and prevention
- home assessments
- advice on pain management to work alongside medication
• referral to relevant community services
• low level relaxation
- anxiety management.
Please contact the hospice on 01733 225 900 and ask to speak to one of our therapy team members.