40 years ago, Lady Ryder purchased a derelict Cotswolds manor house with the vision of creating a special place of care.
The response from the local community led to the creation of Sue Ryder Leckhampton Court Hospice.
Today, the Grade II-listed historic manor house is home to our inpatient unit, providing the only 16 beds in Gloucestershire giving round-the-clock expert hospice care for local people living with life-limiting conditions.
So we can continue providing this specialist care in a welcoming home from home that meets the standards of today, we urgently need to invest in refurbishing the unit; however, we estimate it will cost us £110,000.
That’s why we’ve launched a special fundraising appeal called the Big 40 in the hope that the local community will once again come together and help us find the funds to refurbish this magnificent building.
There are two ways you can get behind the appeal...
Donate online now
Make a donation
Your donation could help fund the following:
- £50 could install new electrical sockets with shaver points in a patient’s bedroom
- £200 could pay for a new bedside TV in a patient’s bedroom
- £300 could redecorate a patient’s bedroom
- £400 could pay for a new handwashing sink in a patient’s bedroom
- £1,800 could pay for a new specialist fire door to a patient’s bedroom
- £2,500 could pay for new flooring in our reception stairway, corridors or lift area
Pledge to organise your own Big 40 fundraiser
Every little helps! Whether you hold a bake sale or a ball, you will be contributing to the future of your local hospice. Simply complete the following form to take part.