What we do
Our aim is to contribute to the improvement of palliative care services at the Duchess of Kent by providing a 'patient and carer perspective'.
We work towards:
- improving patient/carers' experiences of existing services
- enhancing the standards of treatment and care
- the development of new services
- improving patient information and communication
- celebrating good practice
- raising awareness of local issues to Acorns
What we are not
We are not a support group.
We are not a fast-track complaints system, although we will be able to put you in touch with someone who may be able to help.
Who are we?
We are a group of patients, carers and health and social care professionals.
How you could help
- come along to one of our meetings
- help us identify what's important to patients and carers
- comment on topics we're currently discussing by email, post or in person
- give us your thoughts on how to gather more patient and carer views
What we have achieved so far
We've contributed to the publication of new patient information leaflets.
We've been involved in the creation of a memory garden, to be located within the grounds of Duchess of Kent.
We've provided advice to health and social care professionals about specific issues (at their request).
We've identified the need for, and influenced, the provision of computers for patients' use at Duchess of Kent.
What's expected of you?
You don't have to make any long-term commitment to the group.
So, why not come along to a meeting and see what we discuss? We'd be delighted to meet you. Rest assured there's no obligation to join if you feel it's not right for you.
Want to know more? Contact us