Befriending and Buddying
Befriending and buddying involves getting to know an individual service user, providing a regular, reliable source of support through face to face visits, telephone calls, or a combination of both. This means that we ask for a longer term minimum commitment than for many of our other roles.
To become a befriender or buddy we’ll need you to be:
- a good communicator
- patient and understanding (allowing sufficient time for residents with speech difficulties to express themselves)
- friendly and approachable, with a sensitive and caring manner
- reliable and emotionally resilient
- able to use your own initiative
We have services in the community in Doncaster and Newbury, and at our centres.
You can apply for roles online, or call our volunteer team on 08450 501 953* for more information.
Search and apply for current opportunities
* Calls cost 5p per minute plus your telephone company's network access charge