Our partnership with Morrisons raises £2.2m in its first year!
We’re overwhelmed with the support we’ve received so far from colleagues and customers at Morrisons. In just 12 months, £2.2m has been raised for Sue Ryder through the Raise a Smile partnership, which is brilliant news! Colleagues and customers have been involved in all kinds of events, from cycling challenges and baton relays to head shaves, skydives and ice bucket challenges, and each and every one of these has helped us to reach this incredible milestone.
The money banked so far is already being put to good use, ensuring our incredible care can reach more families across the UK. We’re using the money to:
- develop our new online community and support, which will offer support and advice to people with end of life care needs across the UK from 2015
- grow our community healthcare services and family support teams, giving people more choice and control over their care and ensuring their loved ones receive the support they need.
About our partnership
With your help, our partnership with Morrisons is giving more people the care they want at the end of their lives and providing support for their families. By raising money for new services and raising awareness of the issues families face, we are making a lasting difference to thousands of families across the UK at the most difficult time of their lives.
The money raised from the Raise a Smile partnership is funding:
Online Community and Support
This is a first for Sue Ryder and will allow people with end of life care needs to ask for advice, share their experiences and access a wide range of information 24 hours a day, ensuring they never feel completely alone. Users will be able to ask advice on a range of topics; share their own experiences and advice with others; access other online information resources and receive signposting to other services. Our online community and support will benefit anyone who needs our support, in every town, village and city in the UK. The site is currently being developed by Sift Digital and will launch in 2015.
Community Healthcare Services
Our new community healthcare services will reach out to thousands of families across the UK each year. New services include:
- seven day community nurse specialist (CNS) services, increasing from 5 days a week in some areas, supporting people in their own homes and reducing emergency hospital admissions
- ‘Hospice at Home’ services, delivering specialist palliative care to people in their own homes and enabling them to stay at home at the end of their lives
- Neurological CNS staff, providing end of life care to people with neurological conditions such as motor neurone disease in their own homes
- increased complementary therapy sessions, such as massage and aromatherapy, providing comfort and relief to people receiving palliative care, delivered in people’s homes and local communities.
Family Support Teams
We are working with families to face any challenges the future may bring and provide comfort and support to those left behind, for as long as they need it. Our growing Family Support Teams, which include bereavement workers, befrienders and social workers, are ensuring families are supported through a loved one’s illness and beyond. We’re also establishing befriending schemes, ensuring people regularly see a friendly face and their carers receive a much-needed break.
There are plenty of ways for you to get involved in the partnership and make a difference to the lives of families across the UK. Just get in touch on our dedicated partnership hotline 0800 949 6000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more. Alternatively, show your support today! Simply text SMILE to 70123* to donate £3. Your donation will help us to provide more incredible care to families when they need it the most.
* For terms and conditions visit www.sueryder.org/text