Our partnership with Morrisons reaches £2.5m milestone
We’re overwhelmed with the support we’ve received from colleagues and customers at Morrisons. Over £2.5m has been raised for Sue Ryder through the Raise a Smile partnership since it began in February 2014, which is brilliant news! Colleagues and customers have been involved in all kinds of events, from cycling challenges and baton relays to head shaves, tea parties and skydives, and each and every one of these has helped us to reach this incredible milestone.
The money banked so far is already being put to good use, ensuring our incredible care can reach more families across the UK. We’re using the money to:
- fund our new online community and support, a safe space where people receiving end of life care, their families and loved ones can access free practical information, expert advice and support from people in similar situations
- grow our community healthcare services and family support teams, giving people more choice and control over their care and ensuring their loved ones receive the support they need.
About our partnership
With your help, our partnership with Morrisons is giving more people the care they want at the end of their lives and providing support for their families. By raising money for new services and raising awareness of the issues families face, we are making a lasting difference to thousands of families across the UK at the most difficult time of their lives.
The money raised from the Raise a Smile partnership is funding:
Online Community and Support
When someone is dying, you can feel overwhelmed with questions and emotions. So it’s comforting to know support is only a click away.
Our online community and support is a safe space where people who are receiving end of life care, their families and loved ones can access free practical information, expert advice and support from people in similar situations.
The community is completely free to use and can be accessed from a desktop computer, laptop, tablet or mobile phone. Users are able to:
- Receive support from people who know exactly what they’re going through by connecting with others receiving end of life care, their families and loved ones.
- Access Sue Ryder’s expert team of nurses who are on hand to answer questions the questions that can be hardest to ask.
- Look up practical information on a range of different topics, from going on holiday to making a will and choosing where to die.
So whether you just want to take a look, feel ready to join the conversation or ask a question, join us from your mobile phone, tablet or computer 24-hours a day.
Sue Ryder online community
Community Healthcare Services
Our new community healthcare services will reach out to thousands of families across the UK each year. New services include:
- Seven day community nurse specialist (CNS) services, increasing from 5 days a week in some areas, supporting people in their own homes and reducing emergency hospital admissions.
- ‘Hospice at Home’ services, delivering specialist palliative care to people in their own homes and enabling them to stay at home at the end of their lives.
- Neurological CNS staff, providing end of life care to people with neurological conditions such as motor neurone disease in their own homes.
- Increased complementary therapy sessions, such as massage and aromatherapy, providing comfort and relief to people receiving palliative care, delivered in people’s homes and local communities.
Family Support Teams
We are working with families to face any challenges the future may bring and provide comfort and support to those left behind, for as long as they need it. Our growing family support teams, which include bereavement workers, befrienders and social workers, are ensuring families are supported through a loved one’s illness and beyond. We’re also establishing befriending schemes, ensuring people regularly see a friendly face and their carers receive a much-needed break.
There are plenty of ways for you to get involved in the partnership and make a difference to the lives of families across the UK. Just get in touch on our dedicated partnership hotline 0800 949 6000 or email email@example.com to find out more. Alternatively, show your support today! Simply text SMILE to 70123* to donate £3. Your donation will help us to provide more incredible care to families when they need it the most. You can also support Sue Ryder by buying a £1 or £2 scratchcard at Morrisons customer service kiosks. The scratchcards offer a one in four chance of winning, and 20% from each one sold goes to Sue Ryder.
* For terms and conditions visit www.sueryder.org/text